• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Keeping your glasses on your face

I think if you are going to use Turbines the best thing I can think of is either finding after-market rubber ear stem sheaths or just do the ole' lanyard and adjust when needed!

The Turbines in my pic is the ones I'm currently wearing. I've had radars before. They slipped on the nose some as well. They're fine if I'm wearing them while mowing outside. It's just that much hotter in that truck. May have to literally glue them on lol

Basically pretty much any sport pair would hold better than the Turbines, maybe add AF pads as an experiment.

Seriously people, it's Fugging hot and just as humid here. You sweat thru your clothes waking to you're car. I put 25's in my XS and they still slip off with the sweat.

Seriously people, it's Fugging hot and just as humid here. You sweat thru your clothes waking to you're car. I put 25's in my XS and they still slip off with the sweat.

I know that kind of heat and humidity here in South TX, though for the most part, the unobainium works to keep them from slipping off my face. For everyday wear it's Metals, and for anything sporting/athletic/ strenuous I will usually wear Flaks, Splits, or Striaght Jackets. They don't slip at all.

Split jacket with a strap.
image.jpeg

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I like the fit of the turbines so not really wanting to try a different pair. Have a hard time finding frames that fit me right. Guess I'll try an adjustable retainer so I can snug them to my head

Get a pair of Radars. Best frames for being glued to my face;)

You may want to try the Radar frame again, postman. Even with vigorous application of my patented "Head Shake Test" they don't go anywhere.

I am relaxing as I type this from a 15 mile ride late this evening to spin up a new set of wheels...and I hammered those miles and its 91 here and humid as hell. I'll die with a pair of original Radars on my fly mug.

@flyer chimed in here as well with some sport suggestions. There's someone who knows frame applications while sweating and moving also.

Back