• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Leather Mars

AKDG

Oakley Beginner
Hello! This is my first post. I just picked up a pair of Leather Mars. I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get new lenses, bushings and clips? Thank you

Hello! This is my first post. I just picked up a pair of Leather Mars. I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get new lenses, bushings and clips? Thank you

By bushings, you mean the rubbers? Earsocks and temple shox from Juliet can be used, and aren't too hard to find. Nosebombs though are a unique to that frame and more difficult to source.

Lenses, there are some OEMs available from time to time but the easiest way is to engage the services of one of the forum members who do custom cuts, which is taking an OEM donor lens and cutting it to fit Mars.

Lacking that, LineGear sells aftermarket lenses, rubbers, and clips. They're probably the best option for clips, if nothing else...

Yes I meant the rubbers. It's a unique piece right now. The leather is in decent/ good condition. Nosebombs are blue and clips appear to be a home repair.

Yes I meant the rubbers. It's a unique piece right now. The leather is in decent/ good condition. Nosebombs are blue and clips appear to be a home repair.
Linegear's clips are the one aftermarket item that is hands down better than original. Getting those OEM clips on and off is a PITA! Just my $.02, nobody hate me, lol.

Yeah OEM clips have a tendency to spontaneously shatter.

Originally LG clips only came in a shiny finish but now they have a version with a muted version like the originals. Wish they had them when I was buying c-clips...

How do the LG lenses compare to Oakley?
Yeah OEM clips have a tendency to spontaneously shatter.

Originally LG clips only came in a shiny finish but now they have a version with a muted version like the originals. Wish they had them when I was buying c-clips...

How do the LG lenses compare to Oakley?

Based on a post from InfiniteHero who's had them tested, quality-wise they're very close. If I were to use aftermarket lenses, I would use LG.

And I find LG rubbers acceptable aftermarket alternatives, have a number of them. Screws and clips, even better than OEM.

But I will not use aftermarket lenses. The lenses are the most important part of the Oakley Experience, even more so that the frames and the styling; through them you view the world. Put in something else and you're replacing the essence of your shades with something that isn't Oakley.

Which is one of the reasons that aftermarkets devalue your Oaks.

But, whatever floats your boat...

Back