• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens size, Radar EV

blomdala

Oakley Beginner
Japan
Hello everyone!

I just purchased a pair of Radar EV Pitch road sunglasses off Ebay (I was hot to trot on the Uranium collection which was release in 2016 I think? Luckily there are still a few new ones floating around ebay!)

I absoultely love the color. Bright and unique. I also love the the prisim road lens. I have only used it for driving so far but its great!

I havent owned "sport" style sunglasses in a long time (Currently i have been using holbrooks for the last 8 years) so I spent alot of time looking around at info about the Jawbreaker vs Radar EV and the EV Pitch vs Path.

I wanted glasses that would be ok to wear while not cycling as well, just to not have to wear the holbrooks all the time. for that reason I leaned away from the jawbreakers as I thought I couldnt pull it off (even with my huge head)

Sorry I'll get back on track here, So the frames fit different than the holbrooks obviously, but its not bad, I think it feels right for the frame. however, I feel like the lens ends to far from my cheeks. I dont know exactly what it shoudl fit like, maybe its all up to the user. My nose is also a little crooked so it makes them fit slightly different, but I dont think the side to side is strange.

Because I wanted the uranium edition, i was stuck with pitch, or I would have gone with the path lens.

My question is, do the Pitch lenses make a big difference for the gap at the bottom of your cheek? will it get in the way when you smile or something because its too close? on the holbrooks if my cheek hits the frame bottom it will just lift off the nose bridge, but with the unobtanimum it sticks to my nose pretty well (a good thing).

Im living in Japan so i need to track down an oakley store i suppose to try a Path lens. Then again Maybe I should just get the jawbreaker and sell these HA.

any experiences or feedback would be great!

IMG_5431.jpg

IMG_5430.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

Hi. To clarify... The ones you have are Path, not Pitch (you state above : "
I just purchased a pair of Radar EV Pitch road
" and "
Because I wanted the uranium edition, i was stuck with pitch, or I would have gone with the path lens."

With the pitch you might get it to touch your cheeks while smiling but honestly your best bet is trying one out.
With Jawbreaker you will get it to touch as well because of the lower frame/jaw.

Take a look around the forum as there are several threads on this topic (Path vs Pitch).

Welcome to the forum

Hi. To clarify... The ones you have are Path, not Pitch (you state above : "
I just purchased a pair of Radar EV Pitch road" and "
Because I wanted the uranium edition, i was stuck with pitch, or I would have gone with the path lens."

With the pitch you might get it to touch your cheeks while smiling but honestly your best bet is trying one out.
With Jawbreaker you will get it to touch as well because of the lower frame/jaw.

Take a look around the forum as there are several threads on this topic (Path vs Pitch).

Welcome to the forum
Ahh dang it haha sorry I mixed those up!

Maybe I just need to get used to the whole no frame bottom thing, it just seems like there is a large gap at the bottom. I’ll do some more searching on the forum! Thank you!

I think you’re right... maybe it’s the fear of explaining that I’ll be buying another lens/pair of glasses to my wife that is slowing me down from finding a store LOL
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission. And just space out the purchases. You will be fine. Heck we have a few members in Japan. Maybe you get to get together for a beer with someone who has what you are looking to buy. Try their glasses on. A couple folks here have done that for me.

It is better to ask forgiveness than permission. And just space out the purchases. You will be fine. Heck we have a few members in Japan. Maybe you get to get together for a beer with someone who has what you are looking to buy. Try their glasses on. A couple folks here have done that for me.
Good point, next month :D
I’ll have to ask around. I think there is a factory store here near me in Nagoya, I’m just curious what %of the inventory is Asia fit. Since I’m a westerner.

Good point, next month :D
I’ll have to ask around. I think there is a factory store here near me in Nagoya, I’m just curious what %of the inventory is Asia fit. Since I’m a westerner.

For Radar EV the differences in fit of AF vs reg fit are:

AF stems sit a bit looser in the head. Regular fit sit tighter together to the sides of the head.

The nose bomb is thicker in AF but that is easily swapped.

Lens shape is a tad different.

Back