• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lighting options for Mega tower cases

MicahS

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Wisconsin
Has anyone done lighting for an aluminum mega tower?

The original lighting fixtures seem to be unicorns and Im wondering if anyone else has come up with anything else before I go down that rabbit hole. Mine has the "sun dial" opening in the top so its set up for a single light fixture up there.

Thanks I was thinking about that. I did a bunch of LEDs in my countertop cases and with the diffusers, it turned out pretty nice.

I think I'll start with a 3" can light and mount that in the top where the OEM fixture would have been and see if thats enough. If not, Ill probably look into some strips in the front uprights, facing in. Just so I don't have to stare into the LED's if I'm looking at my case

I ended up installing a 3" LED can light into the opening of the tower. The fit us dead on for that style of light. I'll probably install a switch on the cord and run the down the back corner of the case like the OEM light fixture would.

20220224_174333.jpg
20220224_174340.jpg
20220224_174546.jpg

Are your country tops the x metal style? I did some led strip lights with diffusers in my two countertop cases. Not quite as clean as this one but still pretty decent.

Are your country tops the x metal style? I did some led strip lights with diffusers in my two countertop cases. Not quite as clean as this one but still pretty decent.
Send me some pics when you get a chance.

Back