• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear photochromatic

Skyler

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
I’m curious in these lenses they offer. Anyone ever have any experience with them ?

I guess it is just a matter whether photochromatic is essential to a person or not maybe.

There were several previous posts on it, remember reading comparisons on the different options and whatnot.

I believe it was in the general section, but search should guide you :)

The new Linegear NXT Varia (photochromic) lenses are excellent based on my personal experience and reviews of others who have tried them. They also have prizm correction. Next year Linegear will produce NXT Varia Polarized lenses - polarized photochromic lenses with AR coating and prizm correction.

The new Linegear NXT Varia (photochromic) lenses are excellent based on my personal experience and reviews of others who have tried them. They also have prizm correction. Next year Linegear will produce NXT Varia Polarized lenses - polarized photochromic lenses with AR coating and prizm correction.

Hi, could you tell me wahat prizm correction means?

cheers, Lars

Varia lenses has prism
corrections to enhance contrast therefore highlighting details . Basically the same as what Oakley is offering with the PRIZM.

How is optical clarity on these lenses?
I have an emerald and ice photochromic lenses made by Oakley which was not mass produced.
NXT photochromic is one of the best out there if will compare the 2 lenses when it comes to clarity.
Technical analysis showed NXT (polycarbonate material)
is very close to glass material in clarity.

Last edited:
I have an emerald and ice photochromic lenses made by Oakley which was not mass produced.
NXT photochromic is one of the best out there if will compare the 2 lenses when it comes to clarity.
Technical analysis showed NXT (polycarbonate material)
is very close to glass material in clarity.
ahhh interesting

Back