• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Long time member,...part of a humble collection,...and some observations.

Rare_Earth

Oakley Beginner
Brisbane
Have enjoyed looking at other member's collections for several years, while quietly building my own.

My Sunday afternoon activity of course involves nose coupler rivets and cleaning, while fondling other titanium goodies :) ( See picture)

If you have an x -metal frame where you can't seem to get the frame arms to close stiffly, change/swap the screws in the hinge from one side to the other - this has worked on a number of occasions ( for me) and avoided the necessity of fiddly washers.

On the subject of changing nose rivets and it being a, "black art" - a $22.00 AUD watch repair kit from Ebay, a 1.5 mm needle punch usually get the job done, easily. Notwithstanding this, I'm a great admirer of the highly skilled forum members who undertake the re-building practice and their great work.

IMG_20160206_172119139_HDR[1].jpg

Nice collection. Yes! there is indeed joy to be found in playing with your titanium parts. Glad to hear your flex coupler adventures have not ended in sorrow. I have had the misfortune of having the right tool and a very cooperative pair of Juliets. The misfortune was in me finding that not all rivets come out as easily and all pairs xmetals are as cooperative.

Nice collection. Yes! there is indeed joy to be found in playing with your titanium parts. Glad to hear your flex coupler adventures have not ended in sorrow. I have had the misfortune of having the right tool and a very cooperative pair of Juliets. The misfortune was in me finding that not all rivets come out as easily and all pairs xmetals are as cooperative.

Oh,...dude :(

..probably the one case where you don't think, "If it won't go, force. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway".

Latest Posts

Back