• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading M Frame Gen 1 Blue Iridium Strip Lens

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Also for the nose bridge area shouldn’t there be those little hooks that stick inward to hold the nose piece in place?

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Also for the nose bridge area shouldn’t there be those little hooks that stick inward to hold the nose piece in place?
I don't think so, when you put a nose piece on, it hangs down below the edge of the lens, so the hooks wouldn't do anything.

I trust @flippj. I've looked at tons of pics of strip lenses and they look good to me. They are very blue in person, the lighting in the pics isn't the best to show that off.

Still, anyone wanna trade?

I could have swore the nose pad shouldn’t hang out below the lens. The lens should be very slightly longer .

At least that’s what I had thought but I believe him as well. He knows much more than me !

Username Hidden said:

yes. Here is a picture from one of one of my strip lenses.

7E318E4D-539F-4B28-8A73-6BED28E39560.jpeg

Username Hidden said:
...when you put a nose piece on, it hangs down below the edge...
So, I was wrong. The lens does have notches, they just aren't as defined.

Also, the nose piece does not "hang down" as previously stated, it sits flush with the bottom of the lens.

Also, I have attached a pic to show the true blue shade of the lens, as my first pics did not.

20210526_222707.jpg

20210526_223004.jpg

Wow it's a real whodunnit.....

Looks like VR28 blue iridium to me.

I have three different all looking like this...

unfortunately I don’t have the blue to compare colors

BE350BFC-10DC-4F99-929B-1D7E1CAC3079.jpeg

93DF96D0-62B5-4E7C-A4DB-0EE3EE4C84FD.jpeg

F14BCFCD-5C83-46A4-A000-1A417C054ACC.jpeg

Good picture. Thanks for posting it.

To potential buyers or traders of the item.....or anyone interested in the strip lens in general....always pay attention to the details of the lens. There are a lot of customs cuts of the strip being made these days. It is fortunate this specific lens is not particularly well done and easy to validate it was a custom cut, but they will get harder to spot in the future. Oakley did very specific things to help with the function of the lens whether it is the very pronounced tabs to hold the nose piece in place to the shape they used for the edges of the lens to other aspects I will not mention here. If you want this specific lens, then by all means please do get it...but just know what you are getting.