• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M2 XL with Prizm Road - Review

I have no real power. Lol

The way you are telling him off is hilarious. You do a much better job of dismissing a dude than I could ever do.

I just sit amazed by the threads. Some want to help and we all end up speechless.
It's a trucker thing. Gotta have more than 1 way to tell someone to go *** off

Sent from your mom

As you can see in an earlier thread I got the M2 XL. I ordered them from an authorized dealer. When I opened the bubble wrap envelope the package I was disappointedly surprised to see the black Oakley box all crimpled, like it had been pummeled. The box was somewhat flattened, the tab half out. Was this a return at one time I wondered? I immediately contacted the seller asking the status but they have not replied as of today. Not very good customer service.

If you are wondering why I felt this way once I purchased "brand new" shoes from an authorized shoe seller. The box was beat up upon arrival and there were pebbles stuck in the shoes' treads! Those shoes were definitely returns. The M2 and lenses were intact however. No scratches or marks or any indication it had been tried on before. It had the Oakley weight, feel and overall quality.

I went out on the porch in late afternoon put them on and they appeared just like the Prizm Road lenses I tried on before, except now when I looked up in the sky there was this streaming like ray, if you will, going into the left eye. Is this normal? I would think many sunglass aficionados know about this phenomena. There's probably a name for it. I think it may have to do with the curvature of the lens. The other lens I tried was a Flak and I did not observe this at all. The M2 XL is a little bit larger overall than the Hybrid.

About an hour later I went for a bicycle ride to the store, about 2 miles away. The glasses fit well but not like magic, like my old Hybrid does. The bottoms felt like they hit my cheeks but this was not too bad. At least they offered more protection from sun, wind and debris than the Hybrid. The fit was a little looser and lower than the Hybrid but this was not too bad. I adjusted them on my face and they stayed put. The Prizm Road lens clarity was perfect, almost like they were invisible. There was no optical distortion. Car taillights became vibrant. Yellows, like the lines on the road, became very noticeable as well. The downside - the rose colored tint and the fact the light transmission is a little bit higher than I would like.

When I got to the store the people's reaction were very different then towards my grey lens hybrid's. With the hybrids' no one noticed and I didn't notice anyone. I was just a regular person. It was very noticeable to me however with the Prizm Road lenses that some people looked away like they thought I was the "kind of guy who wears weird, colored lenses" (just like I would have thought some years ago). But younger people looked a bit closer, wondering what they were. Younger women liked them. Older women looked away at me like I was a rebel. I do feel a bit self-conscious with the colored lenses. I should write another post "Have any strangers laughed at your Oakley's?" It has happened to me before.

The next day I went for a 5 mile run. As soon as I put them on that darn ray of light came in the left lens but went away as I changed direction. The frame and lenses felt protective but inside the dome was hot in comparison to the Hybrid in 80F. I had to lift them up every mile for a few seconds or so to cool off. The lenses felt like they touched my cheeks but I'm not sure. Not a good feeling but tolerable.

I never purchase anything other than from the manufacturer and I always look at the return policy. But this time I made an exception because they were on sale and were being sold by an authorized dealer. This I will never do again. While I believe I got the real thing I can't be 100% sure it wasn't a return. I agreed to purchase these with no returns.

My opinion of the glasses - the Hybrid's spoiled me. The M2 XL are still excellent sport sunglasses but I would think by now things would be better than the Hybrid I purchased several years ago.

I hope I don't see that streaming light ray very often. Still the Prizm Road lens is a joy. Fall is on the way and I live near a lot of trees and mountains that turn all kinds of colors so I'm set.
Good review!

Back