• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman look so cool...how comfortable are they?

I think Oakley fans hate them on principle because they're classified as "X-metals" by Luxxotica.

They're good for wide heads. If you don't have a big noggin' then they will feel "loose". They're pretty comfortable to wear, but don't expect awesome eye coverage if you're expecting reasonable eye protection. Haven't had a hinge fail, but they will, if you use them often.

I think Oakley fans hate them on principle because they're classified as "X-metals" by Luxxotica.
Agree. I don't hate them personally. I've had the Badmans, which felt generic. I have a pair of Madmans on the way because I love glasses that scream 'Leave me alone'.

But yes, definitely not "X-Metal".

It's kind of like what's going on over at Ford with the Mustang; purists don't like that they threw "Mustang" on the new crossover SUV body style. You can call it that, but it's not traditionally what it is.

journal.jpg

Agree. I don't hate them personally. I've had the Badmans, which felt generic. I have a pair of Madmans on the way because I love glasses that scream 'Leave me alone'.

But yes, definitely not "X-Metal".

It's kind of like what's going on over at Ford with the Mustang; purists don't like that they threw "Mustang" on the new crossover SUV body style. You can call it that, but it's not traditionally what it is.

View attachment 903949
Touche. Actually, I nearly quoted the 1st ed. Porsche Boxster - Wouldn't have attracted as much hate, if it didn't share the same front end as the 911.

Back