• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Mars - Juliets - Pennys - X-Metal Beaters

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Thanks for the link…even had time to peek at it. If I had not just bought a 2nd Crater I might have been tempted. As it is I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a bit better of a deal in the future.

In my case a beater Jordan is fine as I can wrap the leather myself now.

Thanks again! 🪖👍

Some people reacted to this post.
Still on the hunt for Mars parts!

Also now kinda thinking on a Jordan as that is the only Mars I do not have an example of in my collection. I’ll take a pass on the MUZM.

Sheesh I am chuckling at myself even posting this…if I’ve learned anything in the last six months since finding the Oakley Forum…a beater Mars is a 🦄 Unicorn that sneezes silver dust and drops gold apples 😏.

But a guy can dream! 😎🤙

apple watch face oakley 003b.jpeg

Hey bud i just put up some mars for sale. Price is negotiable!

Greetings Oakely Forum Brethren!!!

Warlord of Mars here (a/k/a SpecialAdvisor).

I am still on the hunt for X-Metals, Mars, Juliets, and now Penny beaters or parts! If Penny's use the same stems as MARS and Juliets I don't even need stems. No lenses or even rubber needed. Happy to take but not needed. Drop me a PM if you have 'anything' you want rid of.

Prices negotiable! 🪖👍

ERB- Warlord of Mars 002f.jpg

Oakley Juliet Exploded Diagram 001.jpg

Oakley Mars Exploded Diagram 003b.jpg

Last edited:
Penny has different ear stems

XX,R1,MARS,JULIET. same

Bummer!

…but interesting and good to know on the others. The Penny looks so similar to Juliet’s.

Penny has spring loaded arms that were designed to flex outwards. Completely different fixing & design to Mars/Juliet/XX and Romeo.

Username Hidden said:
Penny has spring loaded arms that were designed to flex outwards. Completely different fixing & design to Mars/Juliet/XX and Romeo.

So I’m hearing…sounds cool. Hard to get a decent price from what I’m reading and seeing. Just not that many made I’m guessing. Or like Mars folks don’t give em up easy.

Going to take a back seat to “one more” Mars Standard…always ‘’one” more aye? 😏

Penny production run was iirc 2001-06? so like Mars a shorter production run than some others.

For me the most dramatically styled XM. Period.

Username Hidden said:
Penny production run was iirc 2001-06? so like Mars a shorter production run than some others.

For me the most dramatically styled XM. Period.

I can see that…on first glance they look like a smaller Juliet…but then one notes the orbital flaring…whatever it’s called. Have to relook at pics of a pair for the hinge difference you mentioned…🪖👍