• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Memes

Found the transcript.

89bbd644df02ff647c67e2bd5e76dce2.jpg

@TomTucker What's it take to be a war hero in your country? Inquiring minds need to know...........
I think it takes more than just being courageous and killing the enemy...... i believe most folk here and in europe in general believe you are a war hero if you save lives instead, be it civilians or fellow soldiers.

Look at these guys, not a medal awarded, not a word of acknowledgement. Only now, over 10 years later, all these guys finally get some recognition and even a national flag/remembrance day. That is something brand new.

Reading about Mccain, is hard to know if he was a war hero or not, being shut down and tortured does not make anyone a hero,
throwing bombs in the water so that they wont explode on a deck of a ship that is burning, is that an heroic act? perhaps, but they are doing it to not get themselves killed right?

On October 25, McCain successfully attacked the Phúc Yên Air Base north of Hanoi through a barrage of anti-aircraft artillery and surface-to-air missile fire; credited with destroying one aircraft on the ground and damaging two, the raid would garner him the Air Medal

I would say this is what soldiers and airmen have to do, and it's not heroic.... but he got a medal for it, so i guess in the air forces' eyes he is a hero. So i guess Trump was wrong there.
He wasn’t in the Air Force. He was a Captain in the Navy.

Back