• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Metallic Blue M-Frame / Sweep Lens

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

IMG_3020.JPG

Looking to let these go due to lack of use, mainly find myself wearing the earlier M's more over these. I'll consider a trade if it's of interest to me, but mainly hoping for cash. They will come with plain microfiber bag & a shield model soft vault case which has spare lens slot space, if you don't want the soft vault knock off $8 from your price. I'll ship internationally but please pm me so we can determine what the costs are. Thank for read & look

Metallic Blue frame color is between Team Dark Blue & Team Blue in terms of blueness, this example has seen much weathering so the overall frame finish is still quite glossy and nice. Obvious under close inspection there are small scuffs and scratch lines across the top of the bridge, though in typical lighting and use the wear there isn't too obvious. Aside from that the only other point of wear I could find on them is in the tip of the temples - it's honestly about the size of grain of rice maybe less; it's just typical wear you'd expect from being set down on various surfaces. Both Gunmetal icons appear spotless in finish with no missing chips, they have subtle hairline surface wear but no eye sores. OEM Black rubbers were worn handful of times, socks ends are nice and flush with the frame not cauliflowered or cracked, nor are any of them sticky and disgusting.

Gold Iridium Sweep lens date stamped from 06-14-2002 in nose cut-out. Condition as you can see shows some light marks on either side of the lens, given their location and severity of them I did not find any of them presented an impact on my line of sight. I suppose some might feel a some but my brain does a good job ignoring them feels. I would not hesitate to wear them as-is, an you likely won't be bothered by the marks either but worth noting that it's not nearly as clean shape as one might hope based on the frame shape.

TL;DR Version

Metallic Blue M-Frame ~ minimal wear
  • Frame finish is hardly weathered
  • Gunmetal Icons show no obvious flaws
  • Black oem socks & nose pad are like new
  • Arms move smoothly
  • Under inspection top bridge has minor wear

Gold Iridium Sweep ~ very good
  • handful of light nicks & minor scuff marks
  • below center etching cluster of scratches would be the worst wear imo
  • bottom edges of sweep have some 1/8" scratch marks
  • either side has few nicks & scuffs
  • no interior coating failure / no iridium delem
  • Flaws did not pose a bother to FOV imo

$80 Shipped in CONUS
Will Entertain Trades but Cash Is King..

IMG_3053.JPGIMG_3050.JPGIMG_3040.JPGIMG_3029.JPG
IMG_3031.JPGIMG_3027.JPGIMG_3036.JPGIMG_3046.JPG107687546_2743859635720353_2934884360468658956_n.jpg

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG
IMG_3057.JPG

106463522_774016736519435_556538770837817183_n.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Bump for a great seller!

Some people reacted to this post.
Updated listing price and added close up photos of the lens FOV

Username Hidden said:
Bump for a great seller!
Thanks budd!