layzurguy

Oakley Enthusiast
I was so excited to receive not 1, but 2 in the mail yesterday. I'm old to the sunglasses game, but new to the watches. These 2 would make my 6th & 7th watch to add to my collection. I acquired 4 in the past month. My 1st one is my copper face judge, polished, bought new back in the day.
Anyway, had batteries put in both. 1 works like a champ.
The other, the watch stops as soon as I unlock the crown. Also, the second hand doesn't move while using the chronograph. I also cannot zero out the chronograph.
I got this on ebay, and I dont want to badmouth just yet, since that person may be on here, and I am new to here, so I still wanna show respect.
But i have gotten a Saddleback, a Jury, a Judge, a GMT, and 2 MM recently off ebay and other sites.
I'd really like.to hear if this is worth the effort to have fixed, or should I try to return it.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

Atticus

1-2-5
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Central PA
I was so excited to receive not 1, but 2 in the mail yesterday. I'm old to the sunglasses game, but new to the watches. These 2 would make my 6th & 7th watch to add to my collection. I acquired 4 in the past month. My 1st one is my copper face judge, polished, bought new back in the day.
The other, the watch stops as soon as I unlock the crown. Also, the second hand doesn't move while using the chronograph. I also cannot zero out the chronograph.
I got this on ebay, and I dont want to badmouth just yet, since that person may be on here, and I am new to here, so I still wanna show respect.
But i have gotten a Saddleback, a Jury, a Judge, a GMT, and 2 MM recently off ebay and other sites.
I'd really like.to hear if this is worth the effort to have fixed, or should I try to return it.
return it

agentshane

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
There are a couple of videos on YouTube and a few mentions of it here on the forum, probably easier to find on YouTube. Try resetting it after you watch the video, after that, I would return it if you can’t get it to work. Good luck!!

mustangjt

Oakley Collector
Premium Member
CA
consider asking for a partial refund to cover the cost of replacing the movement. A new movement will cost around $100 plus the labor to perform the swap.

layzurguy

Oakley Enthusiast
consider asking for a partial refund to cover the cost of replacing the movement. A new movement will cost around $100 plus the labor to perform the swap.
Interesting. So the repair shop wouldn't have a problem finding parts? And any good jeweler should be able to do it? If that's the case, then I'm willing to try that since I love the SS Band. Thanks again!

mustangjt

Oakley Collector
Premium Member
CA
Interesting. So the repair shop wouldn't have a problem finding parts? And any good jeweler should be able to do it? If that's the case, then I'm willing to try that since I love the SS Band. Thanks again!
The movement is a Ronda 5040.B. I’ve purchased from eBay before. I’d purchase the movement yourself from eBay and then take it to a jeweler to perform the swap. It’s a pretty straight forward swap.

the datewheel should have a black background with white numbers. Unless you have the red face MM which would have the white background and black numbered datewheel.

layzurguy

Oakley Enthusiast
Why is it I can find the same 5040.B with white numbers all day long for less than half the price of the Black version. I think Alexa is listening to me and adjusting prices on the fly. 🤨

mustangjt

Oakley Collector
Premium Member
CA
Why is it I can find the same 5040.B with white numbers all day long for less than half the price of the Black version. I think Alexa is listening to me and adjusting prices on the fly. 🤨
The one with the black wheel just isn’t as common.
Also make sure you’re looking at the “Swiss Made” version. There is a “Swiss Parts” version that only has 6 jewels. The “Swiss Made” version in the MM has 13 jewels.

A very good jeweler would be able to swap out the black date wheel from a busted movement onto a new movement with a white date wheel. I don’t think that is worth the $50 difference in parts cost though.

layzurguy

Oakley Enthusiast
I ordered it from the link you gave me.
I like the watch so I'll have it fixed.
I havent heard back from the seller in 2 days.
I'll be sure to blast him on ebay and let everyone know here as well (if that's allowed)
Thanks for your help!

New Threads