• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mod Holbrook Mix

br3akthru

Oakley Beginner
I was wondering if anyone who knows could tell me how to remove the arms from the holbrook mix and if i can swap out the front frame for a front frame from regular holbrooks? i don’t know if you can just pop them out like with regular ones and don’t want to try and end up bending the metal arms if you can’t. i have a brand new pair of holbrook mix asia fit but i want to swap for a 57mm front. couldn’t find any information anywhere online about this so any help would be appreciated. thanks

Did you ever figure this out? I'm wondering the same thing. I see the screw that holds the ear stems on but can't tell what type of head it has. From inspecting a set of standard Holbrooks I have compared to the Mix it looks like a slight difference in the thickness of where the ear stem connects to the frame due to the fact that the ear stems of the standard Holbrook connect to the frame different. My reason for wanting to swap is the difference in nose bridge size. You wouldn't think it, but I can notice a difference when wearing my standard Holbrooks w/ 18mm bridge vs my Mix w/ 17mm bridge. The 17mm bridge doesn't sit down on my nose as well and they tend to ride up right against my face. I love the fit of the ear stems of the Mix though. Don't know why they didn't keep the MIx at 18mm like the standard ones.

Back