• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MPH?

johnalism

Oakley Beginner
Florida
Yesterday I was told about what looked like a great price on some Oakley Chainlink. But the listing described them as MPH Chainlink.

Tried to dig all over the internet for a definition of what MPH means. Even asked a lens guy at one of the aftermarket lens companies often mentioned here on the forum, they weren't sure.

I did find an old comment in a thread on the forum that suggested MPH means "Mister Potato Head." Can anybody verify this? I got the impression that means when Oakley comes to the end of a model's life they just slap together some pairs out of whatever production materials they have left for it.

Has anybody bought an MPH model of Oakley before? And if so, was there any noticeable difference in quality?

Thanks!

Yes that is exactly what that means.
I've got tons of MPH.
No difference in quality.

tell more about MPH release pls - I still don't understand what it is...
zoneoptics on ebay It sells for a long time and he has a good rating but there is no any identification on the glasses :( How can I be sure that this is original?

2020-12-14_083202.jpg

tell more about MPH release pls - I still don't understand what it is...
zoneoptics on ebay It sells for a long time and he has a good rating but there is no any identification on the glasses :( How can I be sure that this is original?

View attachment 818794
Mph means mister potato head, basically they take all the leftover pieces and make full frames out of them .

yes I understand what is MPH, but i not understand why no labeling ? and what a strange model number ?
that's why I have doubts

yes I understand what is MPH, but i not understand why no labeling ? and what a strange model number ?
that's why I have doubts

It's bc MPH models don't have model numbers printed on the frames. MPH releases originally had model numbers that looked like 30-###, but later Oakley started numbering them the same as their non-MPH counterparts. Anyway, those are questions you should be asking Oakley directly since they're the ones who decided to make them that way.

Back