• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need A Comparison Pic Of Flak/Fast Jackets To Half Jackets 2.0 XL

Rezechs

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
Possibly buying a pair for Half Jacket 2.0 XL's but want to see the size compared to the flak/fast jacket I have any comparisons would be amazing <3.

Sorry, but I would have almost had a photo op for the 3 different ones all in the same photo. But I sold the Half Jacket 2.0 XL last week to a friend. Maybe I can get him over here and snap a pic with my recently acquired Flak and 1st gen Half jackets.

But honestly they are all about the same size. Lens size on the Flak is slightly larger when comparing XLJ lenses.

So if Flaks fit so will HJ2.0XL. The fit is almost identical.

On the left are Black text HJ2.0 on the right Woodland Camo Flaks

0OLY0669web_zps491a95e6.jpg

Next up the 2 next to each other.

0OLY0670web_zps885a75e9.jpg

Lenses. Left to right VR28 Flak XLJ, Jade HJ2.0XL, OO Red Polarized Flak XLJ

0OLY0671web_zps37a68289.jpg

HJ2.0XL on top of a non-polarised Flak XLJ lens. I'd say that HJ2.0XL are the same size as a Polarized Flak XLJ lens but the non-polarised XLJ Flaks are slightly bigger

0OLY0675web_zpse74fdf0f.jpg

Hope that helps. Sorry for the crappy pics (fingerprints!!) but I just took them quickly as I'm going to bed. Lens cleaning day for all my pairs tomorrow anyway

Neil

No problem, happy to help!

To be honest I haven't had the HJ2.0 too long and haven't had a chance to give them a proper run out. I have 4 pairs of Flaks and despite having pairs before it was the Flaks that got me into collecting.

The HJs are a bit tighter but not enough that you'd notice. The seem to sit slightly higher on your face too due to the shape of the frame. Its a weird frame and doesn't display well. When the legs are closed they kinda tip forward. Don't get me wrong I like them.

Other observations are that the HJs are lighter than the Flaks but again not an issue either way. Finally the Flaks come with a hard case, no case with the HJs.

I'm probably biased but I prefer my Flaks. Up until recently they were my go to frame but then I tried Radars and then Radarlocks. I have 6 pairs of Radars/Radarlocks now.

If someone asked me to which to pick I'd say go with the colour way you prefer because fit is very similar.

Again I hope this helps you. You can't make a wrong decision whichever you choose in my opinion

Neil

I find with smaller face flak and hj 2 fit about same but Flaks feel s****** and more solid if there's a choice I'd go with Flaks all the way. Fast jackets much bigger and do not fit me at all

flak and half jackets are for smaller to mid size faces. The Half jackets have a dip in the center.
Fast jackets are bigger. Unfortunately i do find the fast jackets to be heavier which is not so great for a sports frame.

Latest Posts

Back