• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Guy From Ohio

Z3BR4

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone!

I stumbled onto this website after doing some research on a new pair of Oakleys. I thought I'd have a lot to gain/learn from joining the community so here I am!

A little bit about me:
Aside from the basic stuff like where I'm from (Ohio) and what I do (software developer) I'm a pretty compulsive "hobbyist". My biggest hobby is watches.. Mainly mechanical but some Quartz are in my collection. I'm also somewhat of an audiophile as I own a few pairs of good cans and in ears and I have an unquenchable thirst for high fidelity audio and good sound. I'm not an Oakley collector persay, but I do own several pairs of sunglasses and now two pair are Oakleys. I also have had two pairs of Oakley RX glasses which are by far the best I've been able to find. I've got a moderately large head and I'm picking about what I wear on my head. Even before becoming a member, I found several threads here very helpful in determining what I wanted and what I should try on.

I currently have a pair of the first run of the Hijinx Bruce Irons signatures. For awhile I thought I had lost them completely but found out that I left them in a utility pocket inside a tent I went camping in. I didn't find them until a year later on the next camping excursion I had in which I used the same tent. Unfortunately the original icons lost all of their metallic coating somehow so I purchased and replaced them with a different set of icons I found on E-Bay. The new set of icons are from the "Super F" promotional model that were apparently given out at a snowboarding event a couple years ago. They are white and black with an "F" in a superman type emblem. The lenses were pretty beat up so I had to source some new ones. I wanted to get the same lenses used on the Super F's but couldn't find them.. So I got some Ruby Iridium style Polarized lenses from EyeKon. I know they aren't original Oakleys but these were the best I could find that worked with the Super F icon. I think they look pretty good for being somewhat frankenstein and the lenses are also about the same thickness as oakley's so they are a nice tight fit.

I own a pair of Black Oakley Holbrooks I got off E-Bay and they turned out to be fakes and E-Bay did nothing about it :( I replaced the lenses with some polarized lenses with UV protection I found for Genuine Holbrooks. I feel sort of lame wearing them because I know they're fake.. I feel like a schmuck for paying genuine price though and since I never got my money back I figured I might as well make use of them. I recently purchased a pair of Black Polarized Jupiter Factory Lites after much research and finally trying on a few pairs of Jupiter Squared and the Ice blue? Factory Lites. They should arrive tomorrow!

My RX glasses are a pair of Oakley Currency. And my previous pair of RX glasses was a pair of Oakley Buckets. As strange as it sounds.. My Dachshund ate my Buckets.. So I ended up getting the Currencies as a replacement. Because of my face shape and width, I found that Oakley was one of the few manufacturers that made frames that fit me well and also felt like quality pieces.

So I'll quit rambling now.. I get long winded sometimes lol

Hello Oakley Forum!

Back