• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Lens But One Is Loose...is There A Fix?

STi

Oakley Beginner
I bought new jade lens for my flak jackets and one is loose...I can wiggle it around alittle...the tabs have more meat then the black iridium i replaced them with...What should I do? Is there a fix for this or should I try and return them?

I bought new jade lens for my flak jackets and one is loose...I can wiggle it around alittle...the tabs have more meat then the black iridium i replaced them with...What should I do? Is there a fix for this or should I try and return them?

try to return them. bring the frame to show them its loose. there is an inherent problem with Flak Jacket lenses and looseness.. yours is the 3rd case i have heard of directly. First was a friend of mine, second was mine.

i got mine cheap though and ill probably cut them for my juliets.

Well I got them off eBay for $39 ...Didn't really want to return them...Is there not a simple fix?...I know I could put a dap of superglue but don't really want to do that...I figured others had this prob and should be a fix lurking around here?

not that i know of. i know the tolerances for the flak jacket lenses arent great, and unfortunately the lens has always had this issue. you could always cut them for another frame.. they have the 8.75 base curve which is ideal for many frames.

Latest Posts

Back