• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to the site - thought I'd say hello

Hello everybody from Vancouver, Canada.

Never liked sunglasses much because wore eyeglasses every day for close to 20 years and RX sunglasses were so cumbersome to me, to switch them out, etc, carry them both, etc.

Year and a half ago i broke down and braved the PRK surgery. See great now unaided! Feels amazing!

Had just one pair of sunglasses - my polarized Ray Ban New Wayfarers. I left my car unlocked like an idiot and somebody swiped them from my center console along with my dashcam.

Had to replace them. Sunglasses are addicting.

Have since added a few more pairs, including 4 pairs of Persol (including 649, and 2 others all with polarized brown lenses and tortoise shell looking frames and a black pair non-polarized), 3 pairs of Randolph Engineering polarized aviators, and 2 pairs of Maui Jims (Kahi model and Mavericks).

I have an Oakley discount through my job (Oakley SI discount). I just don't know which pair to get! Most my other glasses are heavy glass which makes them a bit nose-heavy so something light and that will stick to my face no matter what would be great. I really like the Holbrooks but no idea how well it stays put in active situations.

My only 2 concerns are if the lenses hold up to scratches, and I am not huge on made in China - would rather find made in USA if possible.

Thank you for having me on your forum.
Hi,
I am also new here. I hope I will find the thing that I am looking for.

Lazarus welcome and thanks for joining. I am an Oakley diehard but I also own many, many pair of other brands...it's the sunglasses themselves that get me, not just the brand. Stick around and contribute!

p.s. We also have a secret thread here called "Sunglasses other than Oakley" but we don't let @"TRUMP" know because he'd jump in and yell at us!

well...damn. :sorry:

Hello everybody from Vancouver, Canada.

Never liked sunglasses much because wore eyeglasses every day for close to 20 years and RX sunglasses were so cumbersome to me, to switch them out, etc, carry them both, etc.

Year and a half ago i broke down and braved the PRK surgery. See great now unaided! Feels amazing!

Had just one pair of sunglasses - my polarized Ray Ban New Wayfarers. I left my car unlocked like an idiot and somebody swiped them from my center console along with my dashcam.

Had to replace them. Sunglasses are addicting.

Have since added a few more pairs, including 4 pairs of Persol (including 649, and 2 others all with polarized brown lenses and tortoise shell looking frames and a black pair non-polarized), 3 pairs of Randolph Engineering polarized aviators, and 2 pairs of Maui Jims (Kahi model and Mavericks).

I have an Oakley discount through my job (Oakley SI discount). I just don't know which pair to get! Most my other glasses are heavy glass which makes them a bit nose-heavy so something light and that will stick to my face no matter what would be great. I really like the Holbrooks but no idea how well it stays put in active situations.

My only 2 concerns are if the lenses hold up to scratches, and I am not huge on made in China - would rather find made in USA if possible.

Thank you for having me on your forum.
I have some Oakley Half Jacket and Flak Jacket glasses that are very old and maybe on their fourth or more set of new lens upgrades....somewhere on this site I saw reference to replacement part alternatives like Revant and I have bought their lenses for my Oakleys several times. My really old Valve Oakleys (2003) are still not scratched because the frames protect them well....I would not be too worried about the lenses if you take care of them.

Back