• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nominations For Oakley Forum Members Awards

Or an option to specify your own Limited Edition.

You could have some X-Squared Oakleynerd Edition for example - with a chimp's head etched onto the lens.

@Herb
that sound pretty good. . .
the microbag will be awesome and you will get a liana around the box!

BEST TRAVELOGUE:
The award goes to xmetalmaniac for his tireless work in the pursuit of O-stores and Vault pick-ups in such mighty pieces as -
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/1237-time-oakley-vault-roadtrip.html
and
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/1311-oakley-vault-roadtrip-part-2-a.html

In these amazing works, xmetalmaniac takes us on two roller-coaster journeys of dedication and self-discovery. Barely pausing for breath, we are whisked across country in the pursuit of some sweet pick-ups and the distant promise of being acquainted with a long-held love - the Ichiro Radar.
We are finally treated to glorious technicolor shots of the pick-ups in question - and the thread still stands as an inspiration to all.
Don't we all now want to head off into the sunset, with only a wad of cash and some O-store zip-codes for company?
xmetalmaniac lived that dream, and we honour him with this award.

R.I.P. POSTS:

A pause in the Awards Ceremony, as the Oakley Forum Academy takes a few moments to honour the posts that have been deleted since the last Oakley Forum Members Awards. Solemn music plays as monochrome shots of the deceased posts are shown on screen - many from the Oakley Sunglasses Exchange threads. Favourites such as FrogTastic's "Wow - those prices are out of control" bring tears to the eyes of the audience in attendance.
Polite applause follows, and the next award category is announced . . . .

WAR & PEACE AWARD:
Nominations are welcomed for the Academy's much-coveted 'War & Peace' Award, offered to the longest single post covering a full day's purchasing frenzy.
Of special note here is del518, for Post #17 in his thread http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/1642-looking-forward-weekend-2.html

Potentially soon to become the longest thread of all time too, if many more people quote the entire post back with their replies, this post is a tale of Mustang driving and some cracking Oakley bargains. Lovingly photographed and told from the writer's perspective, del518 takes us from his awaking in the morning to the end of his O-store experience - and the promise of a future purchase (the Ichiro Radar - the Holy Grail of every road-tripping Forum member, it seems). Setting up a sequel perhaps? Only time will tell.
And we're lovin those Split Thumps.

THE MOST IRRITATING OAKLEY-RELATED THING ON EBAY AWARD:

Always a hotly contested award this. The usual contenders sit anxiously in their seats . . .
The multi-winning "buyer-centric Ebay system that regularly fks over genuine sellers for scammer buyers" sits confidently awaiting another landslide victory.
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride, the "Ebay rip-off fees system, then double-fked for Paypal fees" sits hoping, just hoping, that this year it will win the coveted prize instead of his rival.
And the usual outsider votes look on . . . . the "scumbag sellers who bullsh1t you with either an inaccurate description and/or misleadingly bad photos of their scratched lenses" and the "scumbag buyers who either don't pay up or live in a country you've already said you don't ship to".

It's a tense moment.

Herbsley slowly opens the envelope which dazzles in glittering gold (of course - doesn't everything these days?) . . . .

Wow! - a complete rank outsider wins!

Ladies and gentlemen. I give you this year's winner of The Most Irritating Oakley-Related Thing on Ebay . . . .

. . . . "The people who use Terminator heads as 'models' when photographing their Oakleys for sale".

It's an incredible decision from The O.F. Academy, totally from leftfield and baffling Awards industry insiders, in recognising the fact that everyone . . . no, I'll type that again . . . EVERYONE must surely hate the Terminator Head thing.

Later, at the press conference, the leader of the Academy defended the decision and made this statement: "You can't tell the condition of the lenses, cos of all the reflections. You can't see the frames, especially if they are wires, cos the camera has had trouble focussing on the sunglasses due to your silly Terminator Head. The photos are just so 'busy' - what the fk am I looking at here? I'm not going to give my sunglasses to a Terminator, so why do I need to see how it might look? I'm a human - I'll wear sunglasses on my human head. So stop it - whoever you are. It says the wrong thing about you and your business. Some folks, y'know, will actually skip past your listings if they see a Terminator Head. Or is it just me?"

@Herbsley

another time a pretty good call!
you can see a f%$& on his pictures . . .

Latest Posts

Back