• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

O-Review V.10

I have used it as a reference site for a long time and never realized the forum aspect for some reason until I saw it mentioned here. I look forward to adding it to my list of stops more in my internet browsing, just like Oakley glasses, the more the merrier!

Thanks for the positive comments. I just added the search feature back in (via the header bar), so hopefully that will add another level of quick access for times you don't want to wade through all the filters. That said, I will hopefully start a tagging project which I hope to get some help with. The frames style and material filters will essentially be useless until then.

Maybe it's just because of guest access, or because you're still overhauling, but the Forum looks less frequented.

Well it's been dying a slow death for a while now, but I'm hoping things pick up. Once I'm not delving into the nightmarish world of PHP programming, I hope to actually move back to content, and then finally back to some videos. But I have to at least get the old features back first.

Regarding any questions about "Where is X from the old site now", a few things are still pending. Anything that was on the menu and wasn't part of the main database catalog, was either a smaller database tangent or was part of the WIKI. The wiki is now part of the forum, so anyone can add, revise and comment. Once I get the old entries ported over, I will then build them into the menu and hopefully have things back to normal. I just finished the News stuff so that should be there again, but those are often less frequented and soon become irrelevant.

Got the gallery back in shape. Mobile version too. Thought I had more real estate on the mobile screen, but there seems to be some spacing issues. I'll get on those.

Nice job! The new site looks great! I think the database is much easier to use now and find pairs!

What about an app for both iPhones & android?
For now I'm going to concentrate on the mobile web version. iOS apps cost money for a developer license, so android would be first on deck. Then there's the learning curve of app programming and development. A benefit of an app would of course be the notifications, and that's a biggie, but the rest will have to come first. I looked into trying to tie into tapatalk, and while it's not off the books yet, the documentation was so terrible I had to put it aside so I could concentrate on the rest.

Do keep in mind that everything on the site was written by hand in Notepad, save for a couple libraries to interface with Instagram, and perform the image cropping and asynchornous file upload. I could have probably do those as well, but sometimes there's no sense reinventing the wheel. I appreciate the support so far. It's nice to see some more interest in the past few days.

I've had two major requests recently, one to get the X-Metal serial list back up, and the other to get Collections. Since the Collection tracker is the larger task, I jumped on that first. Most will remain the same, but I redid the categories and now they nicely aggregate on the collections page, and on your profile for others to see. Also if you are on a colorway page within the database, you can now add that item to your collection, and it will pre-populate some of the colorway data.

971945_501414079942356_1915212943_n.jpg

Latest Posts

Back