• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and Dillon Collaboration

Lol it works better then nothing at all. Don't take advice from a guy who was el cheapo on lenses
Or taking advice from someone who buys hydrophobic coating in a bottle hahaha !!!

Oakley probably made 1500 of those bottles - they probably still have 1496 of them in stock hahaha !!!

P.S.
Dillon lenses don't cost $30 either :)

LOL... My opinion is that @dingo ate my baby is correct that applying the "hydro pen" is better than nothing. But it comes off IMHO after 3-4 washings. So might last 1-2 weeks on a wear pair. The Dillon, and actually Oakley RX lenses are hydro/oleo and they are a ton better. I wouldn't expect that coating to wear down for at least 10 months, and more likely with care 3-5 years. Hey @Litos just be sure not to leave out in your car on hot days where the coatings can "bake". You'll get microscopic or bigger "cracks" in the lenses were oils and things like that can get trapped. BTW, rumor has it another company coming into the RX industry may have this "NIR" matte mirror/coating technology coming out soon. When that happens we can all get multiple pairs and make Litos jealous :)

PS- anyone who wants to contact Dillon directly to try and purchase lenses be my guest. I have found the style "Budd" is the larges for many cuts. But keep in mind they won't work for every frame, they actually will only work for a few frames in my opinion. Plus they won't stand behind the lenses once they are cut, and honestly neither will I. They are about to get a hundred emails I believe!!!!!!!

LOL... My opinion is that @dingo ate my baby is correct that applying the "hydro pen" is better than nothing. But it comes off IMHO after 3-4 washings. So might last 1-2 weeks on a wear pair. The Dillon, and actually Oakley RX lenses are hydro/oleo and they are a ton better. I wouldn't expect that coating to wear down for at least 10 months, and more likely with care 3-5 years. Hey @Litos just be sure not to leave out in your car on hot days where the coatings can "bake". You'll get microscopic or bigger "cracks" in the lenses were oils and things like that can get trapped. BTW, rumor has it another company coming into the RX industry may have this "NIR" matte mirror/coating technology coming out soon. When that happens we can all get multiple pairs and make Litos jealous :)
Good advice ! For 30 seconds of time and stuff comes off .it is worth it . FYI I got mine for about 9 shipped lol.

Or taking advice from someone who buys hydrophobic coating in a bottle hahaha !!!

Oakley probably made 1500 of those bottles - they probably still have 1496 of them in stock hahaha !!!

P.S.
Dillon lenses don't cost $30 either :)
No ones doubting your got deep pockets. Just poking at your past bad taste and comments about lenses bro

I don't think I've read anywhere on this entire forum that applying that hydrophobic stuff on a lens is helpful...

It is pretty decent. I use it on frames I use for cycling and sailing. Water mostly beads right off and cleaning them is a lot easier. It lasts for quite a while as well.

A matte surface also shows smudges a lot less so that might also be one of the reasons your iridium lenses show every stain while it is hard to see on the Dillons.

Ive left glasses in my car before, but it was because of laziness but I don't leave them in there anymore (good thing is that whenever my car is parked, it's in a parking garage or my garage at home)...

Here's another Dillon Bomb !!!

image.jpeg

Back