• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Philippines Network

Looks like my post came off the wrong way, before I go any further I want to say that I'm not trying to undermine the lost of lives, the suffering of the survivors, and the destruction brought by the typhoon in general. I have seen the videos and pictures and the magnitude of casualties and destruction is mind blowing. I do feel for the victims because many of them had to resort to looting just so they have something to eat and drink, the dead bodies all over the place, lack of power and medical assistance, etc. What I was trying to say was that storms and typhoons in general have always ravaged the Philippines, always have and always will, that's just the reality of it, that's what I meant that it's part of life there and nothing really new, which honestly its not. Every part of the Philippines has been hit and ravaged by typhoons, every single year since god knows when. So to an extent, yes its not anything new and yes this is a part of life there, I know it first hand. Yes I know this was a super typhoon in a league of its own, but this is not the first or last super typhoon that will hit the Philippines, I experienced a few when I was growing up there, most notably super typhoon Rosing (Angela) back in 1995. Every single year there seems to be a typhoon(s) that always ravage part(s) of the Philippines and leave a path of death and destruction, that's fact and that's what I was trying to convey in my original post. Again I'm not undermining the gravity of the situation back home because the situation there is dire. I hope this cleared up what I was originally trying to convey and you have my apologies if my original post came off as crude and offensive, which was not my intention. Thanks.

Looks like my post came off the wrong way, before I go any further I want to say that I'm not trying to undermine the lost of lives, the suffering of the survivors, and the destruction brought by the typhoon in general. I have seen the videos and pictures and the magnitude of casualties and destruction is mind blowing. I do feel for the victims because many of them had to resort to looting just so they have something to eat and drink, the dead bodies all over the place, lack of power and medical assistance, etc. What I was trying to say was that storms and typhoons in general have always ravaged the Philippines, always have and always will, that's just the reality of it, that's what I meant that it's part of life there and nothing really new, which honestly its not. Every part of the Philippines has been hit and ravaged by typhoons, every single year since god knows when. So to an extent, yes its not anything new and yes this is a part of life there, I know it first hand. Yes I know this was a super typhoon in a league of its own, but this is not the first or last super typhoon that will hit the Philippines, I experienced a few when I was growing up there, most notably super typhoon Rosing (Angela) back in 1995. Every single year there seems to be a typhoon(s) that always ravage part(s) of the Philippines and leave a path of death and destruction, that's fact and that's what I was trying to convey in my original post. Again I'm not undermining the gravity of the situation back home because the situation there is dire. I hope this cleared up what I was originally trying to convey and you have my apologies if my original post came off as crude and offensive, which was not my intention. Thanks.

You are right. Philippines always gets storms and people die. This time it is a category 5 where 10+++ people died, people missing and God knows what happened to others. That category 5 is similar to Galveston hurricane back in 1900s where thousands of people died as well. Philippines was not prepared for this type of event.

It does not matter where you are born or where you grew up or whether you speak the language or not. You turn yourself inside out you are a Filipino just like us.

Regardless how you say it. This is a sensitive issue, think before you post. I hope that you do not have relatives affected by this event. I hope we do not have any Oakley brothers and their loved ones affected as well.

You are right. Philippines always gets storms and people die. This time it is a category 5 where 10+++ people died, people missing and God knows what happened to others. That category 5 is similar to Galveston hurricane back in 1900s where thousands of people died as well. Philippines was not prepared for this type of event.

It does not matter where you are born or where you grew up or whether you speak the language or not. You turn yourself inside out you are a Filipino just like us.

Regardless how you say it. This is a sensitive issue, think before you post. I hope that you do not have relatives affected by this event. I hope we do not have any Oakley brothers and their loved ones affected as well.

I know, again I didn't have any ill-intent from my original post, obviously it came off the wrong way my apologies again to those I offended :hi:

Back