• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Deep Water Polarized vs 'standard' Polarized Deep Blue Iridium lenses?

jplee3

Oakley Beginner
Hey all

Just wanted to know, for those of you who might have both of these lenses, which ones you prefer and why, or if they're pretty much the same... this is for the Flak Jacket XLJ lenses.

I noticed there's a $20 difference in price (deep blue iridum polarized are $90 vs Prizm deep waters at $110)

I already have a pair of the polarized shallow blue iridiums and wanted to pick up a pair for deep water/offshore too but wasn't sure if it's worth the $20 up charge on the Prizms.

What do you guys think?

Or was that "yes" as in "yes, they are pretty much the same and you should just get whatever's cheaper" ?

Anyone else?

Here's the Deep Water lenses in a Valve.

33d287664e28274987dc5e3d7023a02d.jpg
b3670af48723f8f19fc867d02f6dfd8c.jpg

Very nifty :) I placed the order on the XLJs (maybe I should have picked up the regular non-XLJs but I guess the extra 'coverage' doesn't hurt). Can't wait to test them out on the water (yea right, it'll probably be a long time since we just had a kid)

Very nifty :) I placed the order on the XLJs (maybe I should have picked up the regular non-XLJs but I guess the extra 'coverage' doesn't hurt). Can't wait to test them out on the water (yea right, it'll probably be a long time since we just had a kid)
Haha got a 3 year old here! And likely another in the near future... I know all about being too busy!

And yes - good call on the XLJ in my opinion!

Latest Posts

Back