• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Oh man, that’s a tough decision! I use each for different conditions.

SWP is my absolute favorite go-to for rainy/overcast days and even partly sunny. I find that it just doesn’t quite hold up in bright sun. Almost, but not quite.

The Prizm Tungsten I use in similar conditions as the SWP. Again, I find it a bit lacking in bright sun. That’s probably due to the lighter coating of Iridium. It is amazing to use in whiteout conditions though. Overall, I’d probably pick SWP over Prizm Tungsten.

Among the choices you mentioned, I guess I’d pick the Prizm rose gold for an everyday lens only because it does better for me in bright sun. I don’t know the stats, but it seems to have a lower light transmission than the other two. It also seems like it would have enough contrast to perform decently well in lower light conditions.

All that said, I’m glad I don’t have to choose, because I couldn’t imagine life without SWP!
Thanks, I guess I'll have to pick up a pair of PRGs! It looks like they have 13% light transmission.

I love my rose gold flak
9ac9e205b8d5db44e79a91afd084ab2a.jpg

I'll look again when I have time. I've read good things about them here so I take it they're good.
Oakley will always be your best bet optically, but Ikon is a really good lens and like I said, at $36 its hard to beat the value per dollar

Latest Posts

Back