• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

cmunozh

Oakley Expert
Switzerland
Oakley Prizm lenses offer the latest in contrast-enhancing technology. And now with the addition of Oakley Prizm Trail Torch lenses, your sunglasses can be built for trail biking, riding, and running.
Keep reading for our full Oakley Prizm Trail review. And check out our complete guide to Prizm Lenses for more.

What is Oakley Prizm Trail?
Oakley Prizm Trail lenses are designed specifically with contrast and color enhancing to highlight terrain, spot hazards, and brighten the environment around you in wooded trail conditions.
The original version of Prizm Trail has now been largely replaced by Oakley with Prizm Trail Torch lenses. Both are very similar, but we’ll cover the exact differences further down.
Overall Prizm Trail is designed for medium light conditions that you’d find on a wooded trail or forest. You can find the full benefits of...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd probably find this guide someone useful too: Oakley Prizm Lenses and Sunglasses - The Complete Guide

The primary difference between Trail and Torch is just the tint - Torch is going to be more red and darker likely brightening up your environment while filtering out slightly more light. Personally would probably go with the Torch, but best bet is to try them in store.

Last edited:
The Torch has a pinkish base, while the regular Trail has a persimmon-like base. They are both quite nice. I've used the Trail for a few years and have just ordered the Torch too. LT difference is only 1% on paper

The Torch has a pinkish base, while the regular Trail has a persimmon-like base. They are both quite nice. I've used the Trail for a few years and have just ordered the Torch too. LT difference is only 1% on paper

When you say that pinkish is like the pink ink from prizm road? (besides the LT differences of course).

PS: I have already the road and the trail one, just looking for something new :)

You'd probably find this guide someone useful: Oakley Prizm Lenses and Sunglasses - The Complete Guide

Believe the primary difference between Trail and Torch is just the tint - Torch is going to be more red and darker likely brightening up your environment while filtering out slightly more light. Personally would probably go with the Torch, but best bet is to try them in store.

Thanks for the guide :)

The basic point is that I found in internet only pictures from the lenses alone and only this one with them on. Both have rose ink, only 1% in LT...

PSX_20190514_141137.jpg

Trail Torch is a Prizm Trail base with Torch Iridium coating. Its not much different than standard Trail. I have multiple pairs with this lens. Its mainly a different look from the outside.

To me, the difference is quite obvious (Torch being more rose/pinkish than Trail, which is more of an orange contrast). Sure, it's not a huge difference, but it is still a difference. And the base is not the same (even the official Oakley info makes this clear).

Torch, to me, is a more all-around lens than the Trail. The Trail seems to require a rather specific scenario to be worthwhile, while the Torch was a little more forgiving in varying settings. Trail got one ride before I pulled it off and set it aside...likely to never be used again.

Didn’t realize they made a torch trail. That’s kind of neat. I will echo Dustin though...I’ve stuck with Road for almost all running/cycling. Sapphire is a nice alternative if you’re looking for something different. Trail was just a tad too light...ended up grabbing G30 or Vr28 for those days.

Back