• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Razrwire x Motorola, not turning on

Btwoodman

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I’m new here, but got a question. I have a pair of Razrwires and the Bluetooth module isn’t turning on. While on charge there’s a flashing red light (not constant), but once removed and the malfunction button pressed, no light at all (or tone).

Guessing this could be a firmware issue but not sure. Anyone else had the same problem or found a way to repair the module itself?

Cheers

The battery could be shot too. Those released more than 10 years ago
That would be my guess too. O review has the release year as 2005.

Hi all,

I’m new here, but got a question. I have a pair of Razrwires and the Bluetooth module isn’t turning on. While on charge there’s a flashing red light (not constant), but once removed and the malfunction button pressed, no light at all (or tone).

Guessing this could be a firmware issue but not sure. Anyone else had the same problem or found a way to repair the module itself?

Cheers
You can find the manual online in PDF form but its not of much use. It might be worth it to open it up and see what battery it has and if its replaceable.

geezz. I never realized these things were nearly $300 when they were released in 2005...that would be like $500 now.

That would be my guess too. O review has the release year as 2005.

You can find the manual online in PDF form but its not of much use. It might be worth it to open it up and see what battery it has and if its replaceable.
Any idea on how to open the Bluetooth module up? 😅 I can’t see a easy point of access (I.e, screws)

Back