• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Splice - Lightweight, Reliable and Classic

Jon, notice that the black piece of mine was rougher / duller than the normal painting. And normal painting is brighter.
Can you see the difference?

Yes mate, I can see the difference.

Although I donā€™t agree with removing the OAKLEY, you have done what looks like a good job and the contrast between Gunmetal and Matte Black looks good.

I have gone all out Matte Black with this @Wavecloud Custom......

AB258908-02D8-4DF8-8FA3-9BE0C1E0E75A.jpeg
954B78DD-274B-4BC1-B394-C17A1B88C02A.jpeg

Yes mate, I can see the difference.

Although I donā€™t agree with removing the OAKLEY, you have done what looks like a good job and the contrast between Gunmetal and Matte Black looks good.

I have gone all out Matte Black with this @Wavecloud Custom......

View attachment 674524View attachment 674525
That matte black of yours is "esparrado". hahaha

When I bought the paint, I had the option to choose from bright black or matte black. I chose the bright one to keep it more like the original, but when I see its all matte, it gives a regret.

That matte black of yours is "esparrado". hahaha

When I bought the paint, I had the option to choose from bright black or matte black. I chose the bright one to keep it more like the original, but when I see its all matte, it gives a regret.

You wanted more of a Gloss finish like the original?

Whatever you have used, it has ended up looking cool, dude!

Not long until you go ā€œDouble Chromeā€ also known as ā€œThe Lady Pleaserā€!!!

šŸ˜‰

Kkkkkkkkkk

You wanted more of a Gloss finish like the original?

Whatever you have used, it has ended up looking cool, dude!

Not long until you go ā€œDouble Chromeā€ also known as ā€œThe Lady Pleaserā€!!!

šŸ˜‰

Kkkkkkkkkk

I thought as follows: If the original black is bright, if I paint matte it, it can make a mess. I will keep the bright, what can happen is to get a stronger or weaker bright. hahaha
The result was a bright black but not as smooth as the original, it got rougher, I can't explain. But it's 100%, you don't realize it's a painted piece.
In short, it was a new and unique color in the Splices of the World. kkkk
This model is called "Gunmetal Black Rough/ Black lenses"
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Added a custom thanks to @Serturbo and @zwc0442

Ford Mustang Grabber Blue, white splatter, satin black orbitals and arms with gloss pearl splatter.

These started life as a JPM Splice, but the frame was rough and the lenses werenā€™t perfect. Popped in a spare set of @Linegear Japan Saxe Blue lenses and they are perfect.

View attachment 685961

Oh my my!!!!! I am going to need a few more spliced!!!!