• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I just received a pair of Sutro Lite with Prizm Road Lenses and I am wondering if it is normal that the one of the temples is very loose.

Is there a way to tighten it or do I have to change the Sutro for a replacement?
I also have a very loose temple on one of my Sutro Lite's. They weren't like that when I first got them, think it happened after I switched lenses. They seem to be mounted correctly so it might be bad quality on the frame, they feel very plastic and not as solid as Jawbreaker, Radar EV etc

I also have a very loose temple on one of my Sutro Lite's. They weren't like that when I first got them, think it happened after I switched lenses. They seem to be mounted correctly so it might be bad quality on the frame, they feel very plastic and not as solid as Jawbreaker, Radar EV etc

Are the temples loose or
Does it feel like the lens is loose causing the arms to wiggle from the front of the frame… not the hinges. My road lens ones wiggle a little bit

I have 9 of them and my ones with Prizm road have been the only ones to give me issues at all. Prizm sapphire, ruby , black and 24k are perfect feeling

Are the temples loose or
Does it feel like the lens is loose causing the arms to wiggle from the front of the frame… not the hinges. My road lens ones wiggle a little bit

I have 9 of them and my ones with Prizm road have been the only ones to give me issues at all. Prizm sapphire, ruby , black and 24k are perfect feeling
It's actually the frame that causes the arm to wiggle, not the hinge so not the same problem you have.

I have also a pair of Sutro Lite with Prizm Trail lenses here and they do fit excellent. Much tighter, fells solid, no wiggling.

The ones with Prizm Road lenses feel very cheap with some chinese fake ones. It is the lens which makes that wiggling. The temples look like to be ok.

What do you think? Shall I try to change the ones with the Prizm Road lens for another pair? Or will all Sutro Lites with Prizm Trail lense have these loose lenses wiggling in the frame?

Can the hinges be tightened?

I have also a pair of Sutro Lite with Prizm Trail lenses here and they do fit excellent. Much tighter, fells solid, no wiggling.

The ones with Prizm Road lenses feel very cheap with some chinese fake ones. It is the lens which makes that wiggling. The temples look like to be ok.

What do you think? Shall I try to change the ones with the Prizm Road lens for another pair? Or will all Sutro Lites with Prizm Trail lense have these loose lenses wiggling in the frame?

Can the hinges be tightened?

I think some of the wiggle is from the lenses, mine have issues until I swap the lenses. The one I had custom painted is the only one that doesn’t have a “loose” road lens

I will try to get another pair of Prizm Road lenses and hope that they fit better in the frame

I have the Sutro Lites here in matte white frame or matte black frame, both with the Prizm Road lenses.

Which one should I go for with my white/silver helmet?

I am looking all the time in google to get some real pictures of the Sutro Lite in matte white on a persons head with or without helmet.

I guess this is the only pic I have of the white one I have with the road lens still in it. I think the white frame is one of my favorites that I have

5B5A8A49-5571-434A-A896-7146BA7B33BA.jpeg

when I see the picture I will have probably more options with the matte black frame when changing the lenses from Road to Jade or 24 k or Low Light. What do you think?

Personally I think white is my favorite color. I have a black one and one that’s carbon and I think it dulls down the lens colors.

58B8C7A6-7A0D-40F8-B769-92B546E100C3.jpeg

34C02745-79A3-4C18-97F9-F6142FFE3864.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back