• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Oakley Transfer Case

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, do you realise this watch has the case flipped? The crown should be in the upper left of the watch...

tches&image=TransferCase_Brushed_White_BlackRubber.jpg

Cheers, Lars.

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Hello, do you realise this watch has the case flipped? The crown should be in the upper left of the watch...

Cheers, Lars.
That’s what I thought too!

Username Hidden said:

View attachment 794407
Cheers, Lars.
Or is it the dial that's been moved around 180 degrees. Either way, good catch. This then begs the question: is it really new?

appreciate. had battery replaced. it was corroded a bit for sitting so long.

Username Hidden said:
appreciate. had battery replaced. it was corroded a bit for sitting so long.
so you think the jeweler spun the dial around? or did it come from the factory like that?

jeweler

Username Hidden said:
so you think the jeweler spun the dial around? or did it come from the factory like that?
Not knowing about this watch, is there the possibility that the case can be put on two different ways?

Username Hidden said:
Username Hidden said:
Not knowing about this watch, is there the possibility that the case can be put on two different ways?
well, this and the Gearbox both have flipped crown locations which, if a jeweler didn't know, would cause him to "fix" it. Every jeweler I have used always sets the time when they change the battery. this one probably scratched his head and was like... "huh, I think I flipped the dial when I changed the battery" and proceeded to fix his "mistake"

Username Hidden said:
well, this and the Gearbox both have flipped crown locations which, if a jeweler didn't know, would cause him to "fix" it. Every jeweler I have used always sets the time when they change the battery. this one probably scratched his head and was like... "huh, I think I flipped the dial when I changed the battery" and proceeded to fix his "mistake"
Plausible explanation by you. I wonder how the scratch on the bezel at the 2 o'clock got there? When the jeweler was reassembling the case? Seems to be a small nick on the part by the screw, too.

Looking at the picture, the jeweler indeed just spun the dial... Because the clasped end of the wrist band is now wrongfully on the bottom of the watch.

If he took his job seriously though, he would taken of the wirstband, spun the dial and reattached the wristband... Thereby essentially "spinning the case."

I have seen an upside down Gearbox before on the OF. The left side crown hindered the owner in his movements, so he had it flipped. But never a flipped Transfer Case.

Interesting case. 🕵️‍♂️😄

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.