• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

rickandrewlee

Oakley Beginner
A, A
Whether you’re looking to protect your eyes or up your game, having the right lenses and sunglasses for tennis are key. So before you hit the court, we’ve got our complete buying guide to Tennis Oakleys. Plus, the best Oakley tennis lenses.

Oaley-Tennis-Sunglasses-1024x768.jpg

What to look for when buying Oakleys for Tennis?

While Oakley doesn’t have any purpose-built Prizm lenses or frames for tennis, there are plenty of fantastic options. Keep reading as we break down the best frame material to look for and our favorite tennis lenses to help up your game.

O Matter Frame Material

Oakley frames are made with 1 of 4 materials; O-Matter, BiO-Matter, C-5 Alloy, or Titanium. All of these materials have their strengths and weaknesses. But for tennis, the best frame material is...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Oaley-Tennis-Sunglasses-1024x768.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 197
    133.6 KB · Views: 88
    138.2 KB · Views: 67
    138.2 KB · Views: 38
    138.2 KB · Views: 38
    138.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:
It might have to do with perception? But I honestly think you should play tennis (or whatever sport) in a pair of glasses that doesn't get in your way while you are playing. For me, I like playing most sports with Radars or Racing Jackets But I just got some HJ2 frames this winter that I will have to test drive this spring. I don't know a ton about lens tints, but for me, a lens with contrast (like the g30 iridium) often brightens up greens and yellows for me.

I haven't played tennis in my fast jackets yet. However, I have played in flak jacket XLJs. Between my radar paths and the flak jackets, I don't have a preference between the two styles. Lens wise, I have only played with grey and black iridium.

Tennis is non-contact (when normally played, that is), so main concerns would be grip and unobscured vision. Earstems with UnOb would be a plus, and single lens frames like M-Frame or Radars and the newer Radarlocks should be fine. I've played leisurely tennis with the regular Radars before and they work fine. If you play say afternoon into late evening, you might need a lens swap as the sun sets. Or wear a HI yellow if the court lights get too bright as you serve or hit a high lob.

I personally know 3 tennis players who all wear Fast Jackets on the court. Another I know wears RadarLocks.

I don't play tennis...I play baseball and use Radars and Flak Jackets, but I do own Fast Jacket XLs and could well imagine they'd be ideal for the tennis court. They stay put really well when you're moving around a lot. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few pro tennis players wearing Fast Jackets as well, so I figure they can't be that bad of a choice. Changing lenses is a snap, too.

Actually, the most tennis pair of Oakleys ever was the stpl eyeshade with tennis ball fuzz all over and around the frames. But seriously, eyeshades secured with elastic strap just might work for some playing tennis. I'll find a chance to try that some time.

Latest Posts

Back