• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OG Sub Zero's

20221115_125937.jpg

Both of the hinges on frame are starting to get little cracks on the top where they meet the lens. Could someone please tell me what model Sub Zero's these are? Thanks for the help.

What do you mean by "fang" on Sub Zero? I've had quite a few Oakley's but I'm not an expert on parts and repairs. Please explain. I could always post more pictures if it would help. Thanks for the help!

What he means by "fang" is the extra length of tip that sticks out after the ear sock that was added to the zero line after the Sub Zero.

Sub Zero
1668688201373.png

Zero 0.6
1668688254825.png

I'm going to go with a Zero 0.6 for yours as I don't believe the Sub Zero came in a Sleet frame.

What do you mean by "fang" on Sub Zero? I've had quite a few Oakley's but I'm not an expert on parts and repairs. Please explain. I could always post more pictures if it would help. Thanks for the help!
Any other Sub Z stem or Zero 0.1 though Zero 0.6 should fit up on the lens. Glue the crack or find a beater with good stems as a donor are your options as I see it. The arms are tacked on with a spot of glue at the lens and with a bit of gentle prying and rocking they usually pop off ok. Might be hard to get the cracked one off without breaking it further but I have removed them in that condition before w/o further damage. Good luck....

Back