• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Or sale oakley x metal XX gold (damage)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

I could be sick right now, had these up for sale/trade last week and decided to install couplers and lenses... installing them today I damaged the nose bridge, thought the pin was going in straight but it wasnt... there is damege now to the right side hole on the nose bridge, have absolutely no idea what they are even worth now, taking offers sale or trade, originally wanted a trade in a Juliet or Penny frames, was hoping to get a couple Juliet builder frames in trade once these had new lenses and couplers and had a local deal done... now I damaged these, can't believe it, they are a serialized 24k gold XX, love them but my face is way too narrow for an XX, they were in great shape and 100% original one owner, new Walleva 24k gold lenses that match the originals, was very impressed with the 24k match, rubbers all nice as well but again now the nose bridge has damage around the outside of the hole, don't have the pin all the way in right now as they will need to come apart to fix, not sure if someone can fix this nose bridge or has another that can be used (I am also willing to purchase a nose bridge if these have no to little value as is) open to offers for sale or trade in a Juliet or Penny, also open to adding cash for the right deal, original lenses will go with

Lots of people asking how much I want... I put right in my post to make an offer, I do know they are worth something, I have many x-metals so I'm aware these are not just junk now

Ok I'm being told this is not ebay and to add a price, this is why I tagged it trade, I was also told I need to follow order and I can't be looking for the best deal... well that doesn't make allot of sense with a trade, does that mean I have to take the 1st trade offer? I am not trying to auction them off, I will start with an asking price of $300 obo but prefer trade in the equivalent or more, will add cash, if I can get a couple Juliet builder frames and add a little cash that would be great, interested in Penny as well or one of each and again I will add $$, I don't need lenses, rubber etc and don't care about serial or finish either, just builder frames or a nice Juliet/Penny as well I would consider, not trying to make anyone upset, just not jumping on the first offer and not sure there is anything wrong with that

Last updated; it has been pointed out that apperently according to the rules I am obligated to take the first offer in trade or sale... if I knew how to lock a thread I would, I'm out, will take another path

20180223_145454.jpg
20180223_145437.jpg
20180223_145348.jpg
20180223_145329.jpg
20180223_145228.jpg
20180223_145040.jpg
20180223_130412.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Pm sent

ouch, once that titanium bends out there's not much that can be done. You can try to crimp down the hole edges but it the channel is expanded the pins wont stay in.

what exactly am I seeing there?

So i miss my turn then..

Oh man, my worst nightmare. My brain tells me I can do a tune-up myself and that I've handled worse, but then I fast forward to scenarios like this. I hope you get some value out of these. Or maybe @THE X-MAN can fix them. It doesn't look like the nosebridge is punctures or ripped.

That said, if you had an extra nose bridge laying around you could "repair" this frame.

Username Hidden said:
@THE X-MAN can you fix this?
Thank you... I can fix it if I can find a nose bridge, was not paying attention to the pin alignment at all, been sick and probably shouldn't have been doing this today... I'm more sick now

Username Hidden said:
what exactly am I seeing there?

Look at the nosebridge, the head of the pin dented it (thankfully didn't puncture) so what people want to know is if it's possible for the nosebridge pinhole to be returned to original sizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.