• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Paint Type Or Brand For Custom Glasses

barok0208

I should Work at Oakley
hi guys! I am planning to custom paint a frogskins later. Just wondering if you guys know what paint type or brand should i use given that I knew most you have done DIY mods one way or another. Appreciate your help. Cheers!

or try google and search "custom paint" and you may be surprised at the results...

...and just so you know....Frogs are one of the worst frames to custom paint. The painting part isn't bad, but getting the lenses back into the frame without damaging the paintjob can by a real pain. Almost any other pair would be a better starting point for customs.

thank you for the inputs. I have started reading and planning for my custom pair..

regarding the frogs, thank you for the heads up.. I will take this into consideration.. might consider holbrook first then frogs later.. hehehe...

thank you for the inputs. I have started reading and planning for my custom pair..

regarding the frogs, thank you for the heads up.. I will take this into consideration.. might consider holbrook first then frogs later.. hehehe...
just about as bad...flat lens frames tear up the paint when re-installing the lenses...just part of the deal

You may need t do some touch up once they are installed. I have had good luck with high quality plastic paint. Maybe start with the icons and see what you think.

You may need t do some touch up once they are installed. I have had good luck with high quality plastic paint. Maybe start with the icons and see what you think.
what are you considering "high quality plastic paint"?

what are you considering "high quality plastic paint"?
The most expensive spray that's main use is for plastic lol. I may also point out that I am basically a noob to this and am considering leaving this to the pros. But icons I can handle.

The most expensive spray that's main use is for plastic lol. I may also point out that I am basically a noob to this and am considering leaving this to the pros. But icons I can handle.
I am just curious to see who or what is plastic paint lol. Only thing I know of directly is that rattle can crap from Krylon....the stuff for lawn furniture or whatever

Latest Posts

Back