• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PENNY Hinge Screws/..

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Oh god. i was doing a cleaning and the one that was half-heartedly hanging on to its T6 has now shat itself and decided to be round. so i need one. anyone? know where to get replacements/have spares/suitable substitute?

Some people reacted to this post.
penny the same as a Juliet? been so long since I have looked at the penny frame

The Penny screw is a half threaded screw as opposed to a fully threaded screw like the Juliet.

ahhhh. don't have those

pic??

va2aheda.jpg

right is the penny hinge screw, middle is the juliet hinge screw, and left is a orbital screw.

it is about 2mm longer than the juliet hinge screw. also, it has the same head as a orbital screw, and the top section (the orbital screw's length) is unthreaded. the thread at the bottom is same as on the juliet screw.

anyone?

Maybe ill have to find a source.

What are the threads? And length overall, threaded, unthreaded, and head diameter and thickness.

I can ask a buddy who has tons of that stuff. I will find out this week

Username Hidden said:
Maybe ill have to find a source.

What are the threads? And length overall, threaded, unthreaded, and head diameter and thickness.

i dont know but most of the measures can be had from the orbital screw and hinge screw measures. thread is same as on the juliet hinge screw.

Username Hidden said:
I can ask a buddy who has tons of that stuff. I will find out this week

that would be awesome. THANKS man.

mcmaster-carr or fastenal ill look also,i would like to keep these on hand for future repairs,but i need dimentions

Back