• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying PENNY XMETAL OEM RUBY LENSES

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Looking for Penny ruby lenses must be bnib or mint condition, preferably first gen with purple hue

Some people reacted to this post.
:bump::bump::bump:

anyone who can help me buy the penny ruby lenses from seller on ebay?i think he's from canada..there are some restrictions, i wasnt able to make a purchase and no reply from the seller after i send an email..i just want to restore my penny xmetal so i can put them on display.

thanks!!

Last edited:
Holy crap. That guy wants $230 for them and $23 shipping and says
“Free Shipping DOES NOT come with original box as it will cost extra money and packaging to ship with original box , if you require the original box please ask for shipping price”

A lens box makes that much of a difference?

Sounds sketchy man, I'd avoid that one and have some cut.

Are you absolutely determined to have Ruby? The new Torch is just as deep purply red as the old Ruby and you can get them for $60 from Oakley and have them cut for $40.

Username Hidden said:
“Free Shipping DOES NOT come with original box as it will cost extra money and packaging to ship with original box , if you require the original box please ask for shipping price”

Are you absolutely determined to have Ruby? The new Torch is just as deep purply red as the old Ruby and you can get them for $60 from Oakley and have them cut for $40.

I prefer OEM lens. I intend to restore a set of with complete OEM parts. U might know a seller of 1st gen Ruby lenses, please hook me up. Thank you.

Username Hidden said:
I prefer OEM lens. I intend to restore a set of with complete OEM parts. U might know a seller of 1st gen Ruby lenses, please hook me up. Thank you.

Be aware though @nino, if you're after true Ruby lenses, they were only availaboe on the first 1 maybe 2,000 pairs that came out. I haven't seen a set which came in a box which look true Ruby, ever. I consider myself a connoisseur of the colour, as my collection will atest. I Itnk the only way you're going to get a pair is by buying a pair of X-Men edition (the first 1000)or relenting to a pair of Torches.

Username Hidden said:
Be aware though @nino, if you're after true Ruby lenses, they were only availaboe on the first 1 maybe 2,000 pairs that came out. I haven't seen a set which came in a box which look true Ruby, ever. I consider myself a connoisseur of the colour, as my collection will atest. I Itnk the only way you're going to get a pair is by buying a pair of X-Men edition (the first 1000)or relenting to a pair of Torches.
Thanks @Funky-Trixtar for reminding me, I bought one with a bad lens and planning to restore it..il attach some photos later..

image.jpeg

Don't buy from that guy in Canada!!! I toyed with the notion of getting a pair...said he had the boxes. And when I said "OK" he changed his mind and didn't have the boxes and never replied to my emails. Red flags all over the place. Get a custom pair made from OAKLEY ON THE SPOT.....she sold me perfect pairs and does great work. Or, use @Chris A Hardaway , he knows what he is doing.

Username Hidden said:

He doesn't have the boxes.

Username Hidden said:

does oakley make polarized torches? and if they do, do they still look like very deep purple red?

Status
Not open for further replies.