• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plazma Asian legit check

oakley888

Oakley Beginner
Just purchased Plazma Asian fit with Prizm Sapphire on Ebay. They initially looked OK until I compared them to my legit Frogskins with Prizm Sapphire (which I love), and it looks nothing like it. When looking through the lens it is completely different.

Any ideas? Did Oakley change the formula and look on some of their Prizm lenses? I know the Plazma is a newer design.

Also, does the box label look legit, or is it suspect? I don't have much experience in identifying fakes. It's just I know what PS looks like, and this isn't it.

They also don't fit very "Asian". The nosepads aren't large and the bottom of the lenses keep hitting my cheeks. Let me know if you guys need more pics. Much thanks in advance!

IMG_4606.JPG

IMG_4608.JPG

IMG_4607.JPG

Last edited:
That happens with a lot of Oakley‘s iridium colored lenses. And also your plasma has much more curvature on the lenses which can bring out other colors in the mirror coating.

Prizm Road and positive red are known to have this issue sometimes they look purple sometimes they look red and sometimes they look kind of blurple

That happens with a lot of Oakley‘s iridium colored lenses. And also your plasma has much more curvature on the lenses which can bring out other colors in the mirror coating.

Prizm Road and positive red are known to have this issue sometimes they look purple sometimes they look red and sometimes they look kind of blurple
Though wouldn't the appearance thru the back still be rather close if they're both the same Prizm lens despite the curvature?

Though wouldn't the appearance thru the back still be rather close if they're both the same Prizm lens despite the curvature?

It’s just what happens when lenses are made, sometimes they get made at different times, heated longer during production of the iridium . There’s a number of factors.

I have a Prizm ruby latch lens with a blue base, somehow it looks different than Prizm ruby and a ruby iridium .

I’ve seen Prizm jade look like Prizm Violet on a goggle.

It all comes down to quality control lol

It’s just what happens when lenses are made, sometimes they get made at different times, heated longer during production of the iridium . There’s a number of factors.

I have a Prizm ruby latch lens with a blue base, somehow it looks different than Prizm ruby and a ruby iridium .

I’ve seen Prizm jade look like Prizm Violet on a goggle.

It all comes down to quality control lol
I'm talking about looking thru the back, if they're both prizm Sapphire shouldn't the look thru the back as you see the world be relatively the same even if the iridium presents differently at the edge.

Here's what they look like through the lens. Considerably different. I am returning them.

Top is the Plazma "Prizm Sapphire". Bottom are Frogs in PS. They are legit, purchased at Oakley Vault.

IMG_4619.JPG

Last edited:
The Frogs look like deep water prizm to me, from the front and back.

The Plazmas look just like Prizm Sapphire in my opinion.

However, pictures can be deceiving.

Latest Posts

Back