• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
If you’re wondering about the real differences between polarized and non-polarized sunglasses, you’re not alone. Polarized lenses have a special filter that helps to block out glare caused by light reflecting off of surfaces. In comparison, non-polarized lenses don’t filter glare and rely on sunglasses tint to block light. While both lenses offer excellent protection, the right lens for you will depend on how you wear your sunglasses. In this guide, we’ll compare polarized vs. non-polarized sunglasses so you can make the right choice.

Plus, keep reading to find out when non-polarized lenses are actually better than polarized options!

Polarized lenses are helpful in high-glare environments like fishing

What are Polarized Lenses?

Polarized...
Continue reading...

Polarized-Fishing-Lenses-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
Im looking around for night driving glasses. I get that the tradition al yellow tinted glasses dont really work.
But i was wearing my prizms today and as it got darker i noticed that the prizm maintained contrast but mine blocked too much light for night time driving.

Are there any prizms that allow most light in that would work for night driving glasses?

thanks in advance

Im looking around for night driving glasses. I get that the tradition al yellow tinted glasses dont really work.
But i was wearing my prizms today and as it got darker i noticed that the prizm maintained contrast but mine blocked too much light for night time driving.

Are there any prizms that allow most light in that would work for night driving glasses?

thanks in advance
What lens did you use?
Maybe prizm low light works

Curious on the use case for snow use. Online I’ve seen it suggested that polarized isn’t best if you want to spot ice that could cause you to slip.

Back