• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription Lenses for Flak Jaket (old model, VR28 black iridium)

franky7110

Oakley Beginner
Hi,
I need new prescription lenses for my old Flak Jacket frame (not the 2.0 version). Right now I do have VR28 black iridium (XLJ size and non polarized) prescription lenses in my frame. Oakley does not sell this lens type anymore. Any ideas which lens type from the current lens collection is most similar to the VR28 black-iridum? Maybe the prizm dark golf lens?

Any suggestion where I can order the lenses only for my old frame for a reasonable prize? I can’t find any online store here in Germany or the UK.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you'd like a price quote hit me up... Prizm black Polarized (more grey , but still slight Rose base, Polarized only in RX for now) and like u mentioned prizm dark golf is your best non Polarized option.... Also you could consider prizm Tungsten Polarized (slightly more brown than vr28 but still Rosey and silver too, only Polarized).

Pm me your RX and PD measurement for quote... Single vision only. Do u still want xlj shape?

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your support. I think I would like to stick with the xlj-shape but polarized is not an option for me. Therefore the prizm dark golf seems to be the best choice although it has a slightly higher transmission percentage (22 %) than my current lenses (18 %). Do you think that is a big issue? Do the prizm dark golf lenses have the backside-ar or is this an extra to pay for? I'll send you a Pm for quote anyway but how can I do that? I only found the option for profile posts.

Last edited:
Hi Chris,
I just checked the oakley website to bring me up to date with all the new lens options. As I actually need my sunglasses more often for “normal” daily activities than sport (tennis) the prizm ruby seems to be a better choice for me. What do you think? The light transmission is very close to my current lenses (just 1% less). Ok, I would have to adjust to another lens tint and I have to check if they would “suit” to my frame (Team Red) but at first sight it seems to be ok. By the way, are the prizm lenses also equipped with the iridium coating or something similar? I can’t find info about that.

Last edited:
Hi Chris,
I just checked the oakley website to bring me up to date with all the new lens options. As I actually need my sunglasses more often for “normal” daily activities than sport (tennis) the prizm ruby seems to be a better choice for me. What do you think? The light transmission is very close to my current lenses (just 1% less). Ok, I would have to adjust to another lens tint and I have to check if they would “suit” to my frame (Team Red) but at first sight it seems to be ok. By the way, are the prizm lenses also equipped with the iridium coating or something similar? I can’t find info about that.
Yes prizm lenses are generally iridium coated. Do these have backside anti glare in Rx, Ruby red mirror, and brown tint. So it'll take a bit to get used to but should look and work great. Prizm Sapphire, Prizm Jade, Prizm Black, and Prizm Ruby only come in polarized for RX as of this writing.

So you still may want to look at some photos and try on the prizm dark golf! Since it's a non Polarized option.

So all prizm lenses do have the backside anti glare in RX and are generally iridium coated. Thats good news. Any idea if and when the non Poloarized Prizm ruby will be available in rx. Oakley actually scheduled this for July 2018 earlier this year. I tried to contact Okaley about that, but they told me that only a authorized rx-oakley dealer could tell me that...

So all prizm lenses do have the backside anti glare in RX and are generally iridium coated. Thats good news. Any idea if and when the non Poloarized Prizm ruby will be available in rx. Oakley actually scheduled this for July 2018 earlier this year. I tried to contact Okaley about that, but they told me that only a authorized rx-oakley dealer could tell me that...
No one outside of the big whigs knows that info. In July they came out with polarized prizm Jade Ruby Sapphire Tungsten etc... Non Polarized may or may not happen.

Back