• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road Black or Prizm Black?

I ordered the Dark Golf as felt they were as close to VR28 Black Irridium as the current avaiable range offered and of course had seen and heard good things about Prism. I am really happy with them to use as general sunglasses and even mountain biking, but as you suggest would prefer a little more/some irridium.
I think it's a case of road or road black, both i am sure will be great to use but perhaps nowadays prefer something less colorful.
From your experience would you say the Road Black is a lot darker to see through (for example as Prism Black) ?

I like prizm dark golf for the same reason- it reminds me of VR28 black iridium. i wish they could take prizm dark golf, add a thicker coat of black or silver iridium. maybe even make it polarized and we could call it prizm unicorn- cause it probably isn’t even realistic! lol

i just got the ev zero stride in prizm ruby and they are decent lens. Not a fan of the orange mirror but vision isnt as dark as i thought it would be.

I found a pair of glasses on sale with prizm black, but no prizm road black (maybe they don't exist?). Is this going to make a big difference? I will use them for cycling.
My plan is eventually (in the fall) to get a prizm road replacement lens to swap when light conditions are medium.
Any advice?

I found a pair of glasses on sale with prizm black, but no prizm road black (maybe they don't exist?). Is this going to make a big difference? I will use them for cycling.
My plan is eventually (in the fall) to get a prizm road replacement lens to swap when light conditions are medium.
Any advice?

Since exchanging messages from members here the other day, I took the chance to try on both Prizm Road Black and Prizm Black in my local Sunglass Hut (they certainly both exist).
I would say that if the majority of your cycling is in direct sunshine or certainly overall bright weather the Prizm Black will probably be fine (lets be honest before Prizm tech we rode in good ole BIP) but the Road Black are definitely a lighter and rose based lens to look through, and certainly personally the ones I plan to get for my next cycling sunglasses.

I got the prizm black, no road, but I just found out those are on a special edition only for Jawbreakers, so that's ok. Also, I got mine on a 50% off rebate, so I'm definitely happy with that. I may get a prizm road with 20% light transmission for "darker" days, and I'll use the prizm back for bright conditions, which in the summer should be the majority of the time.

i use prizm road black and drive 60,000 - 100,000 kms a year all over Europe in cars. their versatility in multiple weather conditions one day is key. in france the day can start at 30 degrees clear skys, then downpour rain for 20 mins, then the glare from the wet road and sun is one condition. sun in filnad with 5 meters of snow and grit on the road and so on.

Latest Posts

Back