• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road Black or Prizm Black?

i wante
why didnt you try the prizm road jade?
I wanted something that I could use for riding AND use as a daily pair of sunglasses for normal daily wear. My old lenses were 00 black iridium - they looked black from the front but had a rosy tint from the back. the prizm road and prism jade are not what I was looking for in a daily pair of glasses. I want something conservative looking - black. I didn't want a green or red lens. if it was purely for road biking I wouldnt' care what color it was but I want to use it all around - on the bike and to work, in the car... the prizm road black does it all. It's a great lens!

How are you finding the Road Black ? I have a pair of Portal X in Dark Golf which I am very pleased with but wish to buy a pair of cycling sunglasses, more than likely the new Plasma's but like you would prefer a lens which looks less colorful than the normal road.
Being RX they of course aren't cheap so need to choose carefully.

just got the ev stride in prism daily....i like them...pretty dark and a dark mirrored finish. not as dark looking out as they appear

How are you finding the Road Black ? I have a pair of Portal X in Dark Golf which I am very pleased with but wish to buy a pair of cycling sunglasses, more than likely the new Plasma's but like you would prefer a lens which looks less colorful than the normal road.
Being RX they of course aren't cheap so need to choose carefully.
You can just buy the prizm road black and if you don't like it Oakley will let you have a free redo on the lenses 1 time, under 60 days. To try a different color. Or whatever

You can just buy the prizm road black and if you don't like it Oakley will let you have a free redo on the lenses 1 time, under 60 days. To try a different color. Or whatever
Thanks Chris, I didn't know Oakley would let you do that.

In relation to this I have a couple of X metals from years past (a XX and Juliet) which I would be interested in possibly having at least one pair reglazed with an up to date prescription, I am in the UK and appreciate yourself the US, aside of the postal delays (I will of course have to forward you my prescription) something you would be happy to do ?

Last edited:
i also have the road blk and like them as they are more rose then the daily prism. they are similar to me
Thanks jageya, That's kind of what I was hoping, the Dark Golf to me are perfect in terms of contrast and reasonable light transmission for a good all rounder, these I would imagine a slightly darker tint and of course an irridum finish.

Thanks jageya, That's kind of what I was hoping, the Dark Golf to me are perfect in terms of contrast and reasonable light transmission for a good all rounder, these I would imagine a slightly darker tint and of course an irridum finish.
yes i have the mercenary in dark golf and its a great lens as well.I just wish it had a mirror so couldnt see your eyes thru them. same with reg golf.It has a light flash mirror but can still see eyes thru them. The prizm road is a better mirror effect to me as is the road black and even prizm daily to me.

Back