• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm road vs prizm sapphire

Hajouu

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I was thinking about getting a pair of oakleys, I would like a pair that are quite reflective, can my eyes be seen through the prizm road lenses only in the dark or even in the sun?

One thing to keep in mind is that Prizm Sapphire is a grey base, and Prizm Road is a Rose base color, this will have an impact on the overall 'tint' of the scene and the warm rose tint also improves the contrast usually more so than the grey base.

The Prizm Road isn't advertised as one with added iridium coating to act more as a mirror, so very similarly to my Prizm Trail lens, you can see your eyes in some conditions, in bright sunlight it has more of a mirror (especially if your eyes are not lit as much from the side), but still shows.

Below is Prizm Road on a Mercenary, and Prizm Sapphire on a Sliver Edge

Prizm Road & Prizm Sapphire Polarized
1620620132001.png 1620620206924.png

I had Prizm Road on a previous pair before and didn't care as much for it, everything was a bit duller than say the Trail lens (supresses more reds/etc) and seemed to be slightly more purple leaning.

Prizm Daily Polarized
20210507_101459-01.jpeg

Whereas one of mine with Prizm Daily Polarized (above) is still a rose base just not as strong as Trail or Shallow Water that I have, bit more neutral looking but still having some 'pop' without an odd-to-me shift.

Prizm Trail
20210424_181520-01.jpeg 1620620416785.png
My Prizm Shallow Water (still rose base, but darker, more contrast than either of my others) hides much more even a little overcast or cloudy condition.

Prizm Shallow Water Polarized
20210507_174313-01-01.jpeg 20210507_133852-01.jpeg

Rose Gold had the most reflective for me so far, but I don't like the green tint of the bronze base

20210505_185526-01.jpeg

Basically in order of more show-thru vs less from what I've used
Trail > Road > Shallow Water > Daily > Sapphire > Rose Gold

I haven't tried any of the Iridium ones but those are supposed to give much more of a mirror finish. But a lot of it seems to be how much light can get in from the side, if you think of how a two-way mirror works. If the frame wraps around more, it's more likely to keep that mirror finish in most angles.

Hi, I was thinking about getting a pair of oakleys, I would like a pair that are quite reflective, can my eyes be seen through the prizm road lenses only in the dark or even in the sun?
Hi. I was looking for an answer to this question myself. Did you get it? Which one will give less visible eyes from the outside? Road, Saphire or Ruby?

Latest Posts

Back