• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Sapphire Polarized - brown or grey base color?

I'm glad I stumbled on to this thread. I've tried the Prizm Polarized a few times and just today noticed the pinkish tint. I was comparing it directly to a Black Prizm Polarized so the difference seemed quite extreme. Like one of the previous posters, I'm a photography enthusiast so a tinted lens may not be ideal.

Anyway, I've read a lot from my searches but one thing I can't find is why Sapphire Iridium Polarized has a reddish or rosy tint. Is it a necessary mix to bring out contrast? Were these lenses specifically made for a specific activity? Finally, how do they hold up as an everyday or one and only pair?

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread but I thought it would be better than starting another one on an already very widely discussed subject.

I'm still unsure what polarized lenses I should use as a photographer without any tint... I guess Black Prizm Polarized is the way to go then. Although I like the blue mirror effect the prizm sapphire have on the outside...

Back