• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Sapphire Polarized - brown or grey base color?

chbla

Oakley Beginner
Hi there,

I'm looking for new, closed frame, polarized sun glasses and wanted to try oakley.
I have read that prizm is pretty good and that it's also available in neutral base colors.

Right now I tend towards the Holbrook R Prizm Sapphire Polarized Collection

Oakley describes the base color as grey, however this review:
https://www.oakley.com/en/men/sungl...77PC?skuCode=OO9377-1155&variant=888392357038

says it's rather brown - is this correct?

Are there any really neutral prizm lenses? I'd prefer blue glass colors so I looked for prizm sapphire polarized
I mainly use it for hiking.

Thanks a lot

I'm in Austria and the retailers usually only have a very small subset of the lenses here, unfortunately.

So Prizm Sapphire Polarized is rose based, what about those:
- Prizm Black Iridium Polarized
- Prizm Daily Polarized

Are they neutral or do they have a tint?
I'm a photographer, so I'd like to avoid any kind of tint if possible..

If you want to avoid color distortion then please avoid prizm. They almost all have more Violet or red base tint... Prizm daily or prizm black would be your best bet... But prizm daily has little mirror... Prizm black has decent mirror... You should try to find old ice iridium lenses, Grey, or black Iridium or buy Oakley Rx ice lenses... Buy local and maybe they can afford more samples in store.

Last edited:
Mirror is fine, I'm only afraid of the tint.
Right now I have polarized sunglasses without tint, so I'm not sure how it would look.
I will of course test them first, I just want to know what I want to compare.

So to start over, this is basically what I'm looking for:

- full frame
- daily/hiking/outdoor
- prizm? (as the quality seems extremely good)
- polarized
- ideally either blue or neutral glass color from outside

Last edited:
Back