• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tracking my collection slowly but surely...

OCP Radarlock. Neon pink frame, black earsocks, matte black icons,matte black ink bands. Vented Prizm Road Path lens.
For some reason this seems like it is not an easy frame color to find.
1498424134348272976228.jpg

Now something a bit out of character (for the usual frames I get).
Big Taco.
Polished Rootbeer w/ Tungsten Iridium lenses. One of the guys that works for me apparently bought a bunch of these back when the Vault website was still available. He was planning on reselling them locally but never got around to it. So when he found out I collected Oakley frames, he brought one in BNIB and just gave it to me. He said it would be better for me to give it even a little use rather than having them sit in a drawer in his house. I usually keep these in the car as my backup pair.
1498424481526470741401.jpg

Now something a bit out of character (for the usual frames I get).
Big Taco.
Polished Rootbeer w/ Tungsten Iridium lenses. One of the guys that works for me apparently bought a bunch of these back when the Vault website was still available. He was planning on reselling them locally but never got around to it. So when he found out I collected Oakley frames, he brought one in BNIB and just gave it to me. He said it would be better for me to give it even a little use rather than having them sit in a drawer in his house. I usually keep these in the car as my backup pair.
View attachment 351525
Very nice!

Sent from Q's Note5

I forgot I never posted these. These are seriously cool. Got these Jawbreakers with Prizm Road lenses custom made by Optiek van Gorp in Belgium. These are inspired in the special thermal color changing paint Specialized used on the bikes for the 2016 Rio Olympics ("Torch" finish). Under a certain temperature they looked orange-red and then when the temp got above a certain point they become more orange-yellow. (I'm sure @cyclerdoug and @GavinL have seen the Specialized Tarmac bikes with that paint job.)
Needless to say, here in PR they stay mostly in the latter color but here are a few pics to show the difference.

This is what they look like now (ambient temp around 88F):
1498424975987-1563569152.jpg

This is what they look at around 65F (I put them in the freezer for a couple of minutes):
14984251953201612845555.jpg

This is how the top of the frame looks after I touch it (you can see the markings from my fingers are more yellow)

1498425235786-1664377745.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot I never posted these. These are seriously cool. Got these Jawbreakers with Prizm Road lenses custom made by Optiek van Gorp in Belgium. These are inspired in the special thermal color changing paint Specialized used on the bikes for the Olympics ("Torch" finish). Under a certain temperature they looked orange-red and then when the temp got above a certain point they become more orange-yellow. (I'm sure @cyclerdoug and @GavinL have seen the Specialized Tarmac bikes with that paint job.)
Needless to say, here in PR they stay mostly in the latter color but here are two pics to show the difference.

This is what they look like now (ambient temp around 88F):
View attachment 351527

This is what they look at around 65F (I put them in the freezer for a couple of minutes):
View attachment 351528

This is how the top of the frame looks after I touch it (you can see the markings from my fingers are more yellow

View attachment 351530
DAMN! I knew there was a reason why I stayed subscribed to this thread.

Sent from Q's Note5

I forgot I never posted these. These are seriously cool. Got these Jawbreakers with Prizm Road lenses custom made by Optiek van Gorp in Belgium. These are inspired in the special thermal color changing paint Specialized used on the bikes for the 2016 Rio Olympics ("Torch" finish). Under a certain temperature they looked orange-red and then when the temp got above a certain point they become more orange-yellow.

View attachment 351530

Holy hell those are cool! I've seen the Torch paintjobs on those Tarmacs...even though they're from the "Evil Empire" they're still killer.

If those came in plain old Radars I'd kill a few strangers at a Burger King for a pair!

...just sayin'

:whistle:

Latest Posts

Back