• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I really hope that this model will find the appreciation that, imho, it deserves.
I think it could be a nice model for all the people who can't wear the classic wayfarer style (including me, I look awful with frogskins for example) and need something a little bit rounder.
Most of Oakley models are quite squared and pointy, having something different could fill a gap.
Maybe it just needs time, it's still a rather "new" model.

Btw I'm not trying to sell this model :D or trying to get approval, I'm just sincerely curious to know why this model doens't seem to appeal that much.
Lol... There won't be much love for this. You are in the land of old school zealots.

Sent from Q's Note5

For me the lack of love for the latch stems from the way they look on my face, not too good, and I really can't go from a wrap kind or frame such as the radar or jacket line to something like a latch or frogskin that doesn't wrap. It lets in too much light at the peripheral.
Just my 2 cents!

I've only ever seen women with them on never men even though marketing is geared toward the male skateboarder. Mainlinks are also a frame that doesn't get any love. The unobtainium makes it much more versatile than the dominate Holbrook or Sliver.

Saw an add yesterday which featured the G.O.A.T. wearing a pair. He's neither a woose nor feminine in his appearance(he rides motorbikes at 210 MPH+). In case you don't recognize his nick-name, I'm referring to Valentino Rossi, aka The Doctor.

The Latch is a gimmicky model that was created for a void that doesn't exist. They're nice looking, and the "latch" is a cool idea, but it's superfluous. The Breadbox, the Enduro, the Sliver F, same story. All nice looking, but they hide in plain sight when you go Oakley shopping.

WeLL.....~!
Im a fan of the latch..
its my go to pair after the frogskins,
As to date i now have 3 pairs of latch! though id only pick them up when its off retail price
looking out to add the machinist chrome model to my collection soon :)

WeLL.....~!
Im a fan of the latch..
its my go to pair after the frogskins,
As to date i now have 3 pairs of latch! though id only pick them up when its off retail price
looking out to add the machinist chrome model to my collection soon :)

oh hi ! so there is another latch fan here! :dance2:

Latest Posts

Back