• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sub zero rerelease durability……

Lavoisier

Oakley Beginner
Does anyone know how durable the “new” rerelease sub zeros are compared to the 1992 versions? Specifically the ear stem hinges……

One of the main reasons I bought my original Subzeros in 1993 was that I was surfing regularly and they stayed on when I fell in the water. I didn't have any issues with them being particularly fragile, but I did let a friend wear them for like 5 minutes once and he managed to scratch the lenses by walking into a rock wall face-first. 😆

I compared my new one to a vintage pair we have in our museum cube in store. They are both very fragile. Treat them with care!
That's a bit of a bummer. But, being a bit older now, I definitely take better care of my belongings. 😆

I compared my new one to a vintage pair we have in our museum cube in store. They are both very fragile. Treat them with care!
Compare the earsocks and nose piece on the old vs the new, would ya? You think they are the same? Would the new ones fit onto the old ones?

Compare the earsocks and nose piece on the old vs the new, would ya? You think they are the same? Would the new ones fit onto the old ones?
Earsocks yes , nose pads are a no. These nose pads are similar to the ones on the heritage razorblades and industrial m frames

I was almost assuming that. Would be cool if they sold the earsocks separately on the website eventually though.
I wish, they’re the same ones as the 2018 mumbos they released. None of those socks or nose pads are available or have ever been from the website or even the parts portal :(

Also the Earsocks and nose piece from the 2018 mumbo and subzeros are identical.

I wish, they’re the same ones as the 2018 mumbos they released. None of those socks or nose pads are available or have ever been from the website or even the parts portal :(

Also the Earsocks and nose piece from the 2018 mumbo and subzeros are identical.
Yup. I actually have a BNIB unopened set of those as a backup for my OG's.

Latest Posts

Back