• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglasses needed for a larger face - please advise?

nad12

Oakley Beginner
Hi,
A year ago I posted on here requesting advice for which pair of Oakley sunglasses to purchase. You guys were very helpful and in the end I purchased a pair of Flak 2.0 XL with golf prizm lenses and a pair of Holbrooks with some sort of blue lense.

A year, and a long summer, on. I am on the look out again. I realise this is a Oakley forum but I am (don't shoot me) open to other brands.

I found the Flak 2.0 XL too small for my face. The arms angled outwards and the size of the lense made me look like I was wearing some Johnny Depp style glasses. I'm not overweight but I am a tall/built guy, so will have a larger face. I also found the golf prizm not to my liking as it let too much light in. I think I need to stick with a dark lense. The Holbrooks were just too small.

So I am on the look out again. My criteria is:
1) To cover a larger portion of my face.
2) For the lense to be dark. In fact, I not fussed about prizm lenses but I feel a dark polarised lense is the way to go.
3) Sporty looking but not over the top. I shall use the glasses for golf, fishing, cricket, and generally walking around.

It doesn't have to be Oakley. It can be another brand but the glasses will need to be the following:
1) Robust.
2) Provide protection from harmful rays and stones/debris.
3) Have good optical clarity.

I've heard of Tifosi and Smith - are these good brands?
Do you guys know of a pair that meet my requirements (Oakley or not) and are good bang-for-buck?

Thanks in advance.

Fuel cell, Batwolf, Radar EV

Sometimes bigger guys like the smaller frames too. Try a straight jacket or a fives Squared.

Get a couple different lenses since you are active and you like to fish. Polarized for fishing non for your athletics.

These are popular.

Screenshot_20181119-191848_Gallery.jpg

I’ve got pretty good sized face too. The only frames that I feel I can wear all day without either my eyelashes hitting them or feeling squeezed somewhere behind my ears or at my temples are pit bulls. Great coverage. They’ve been discontinued a while but there are always NIB pairs available on eBay or hang out here and someone will have a pair for sale. The Asian fit variation only have larger nosebombs and no other differences. This will have them sir off your face a little more but you can actually swap them and it’ll fit more normal.

If you want to grab the newer styles a turbine, turbine rotor, double edge or fuel cell should work well. Straightlink may be a viable option as well. The turbines and rotors are kind of nice as the ends of the arms behind your ear are flexible.

Latest Posts

Back