• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tightening the Juliet's

• Thread starter Marty_B
  • Start date
Is it possible to tighten the frame of the Juliets? I sent an email to Oakley Australia and they said they were out of parts and couldnt service my pair.

Oakley Australia ran out of parts since Q3 2015. I've since offered my services to continue the support for the aussie community at the same $50aud (+flat rate ship) pricing schedule as what Oakley South Pacific charged. The only difference is I don't have a rubber factory so I can't hand out rubbers like candy. I do however have an account with linegear and am able to offer discounts on anything (screws/lenses/rubbers/accessories) for frames sent in that need my attention.

I don't work for Oakley but I work closely with them to continue the legacy of xmetals

The only difference is I don't have a rubber factory so I can't hand out rubbers like candy. I do however have an account with linegear
The fact that LG offers flex bushings is comforting but I would use tygon- it starts tighter and won't degrade as fast.

The fact that LG offers flex bushings is comforting but I would use tygon- it starts tighter and won't degrade as fast.
I actually custom make my own flex couplers specific for each pair instead of using any prefab flex couplers. The variation across each frame within the same generation are obvious with a pair of oem or even linegear flex couplers which may work may great in 1 frame but flop miserably in another. The age and the condition of the frames play a big role to the variations it seems

I actually custom make my own flex couplers specific for each pair instead of using any prefab flex couplers. The variation across each frame within the same generation are obvious with a pair of oem or even linegear flex couplers which may work may great in 1 frame but flop miserably in another. The age and the condition of the frames play a big role to the variations it seems
That's good to hear as the early orbitals have a larger and non-rounded tabs compared to the later editions that have rounded, shorter tabs. I know you are aware of this but stating for the benefit of others.

I really appreciate what linegear has done for all of us,but the bridge rubber doesnt work for me,ive tryed in every single different pair of x-metal frames and they feel like a tune was never performed especially with the later gen stuff.i actually have a bunch of oem couplers that a friend sent me and even those seem too loose,age does play a part in a tune .

Latest Posts

Back