• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Triggerman vs. Carbon Shifts

badgersfan222

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

Just trying to decide before the long weekend on picking up carbon shifts or triggermans. I had planned on Carbon Shifts but theres something about the Matte Black Triggermans I like more. Anyone who own both talk about their preferences?

I prefer the carbon shifts myself. Only difference to me is the stems where the triggerman is a little more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time since it has the ear socks unlike the carbon shift. If you don't mind the split nose bridge on the triggerman then you might prefer that pair. I also think the triggerman fit slightly tighter on the front of my face than the carbon shift, and the carbon shift fits tighter around the ears, since the stems are carbon.

I have both. I have a big head, and carbon shift is a bit more comfy for me. Works awesome with hats also as the ear stems are so thin and can slide under hat. No nose piece though so depending on your face, it could sit odd with no adjustment option. Triggerman is a bit snug on me, but benefits from unobtainiun on earsocks and nose piece. Both are good, but I find myself wearing the carbon shift much more.

I have both. Love the fit of the Carbon Shift, but I hate that it has no unobtainium (rubber parts). It gets hot here and the unobtainium really helps to keep the sunglasses put when you start to sweat. That is why I find myself not wearing them much.

image.jpeg
Ended up triggerman. Got the Prizm. I feel like I would like the frames more if they were matte black. If they do well over the weekend might trade them in and order the right pair online

After the fact but Carbon Shift and it's not even close. I actually consider the Carbon Shift to be Oakley's probably best overall truly and fully post Jannard era model - looks great, good tech and a frame that takes after the Pit Boss in the sense it proves a well designed frame doesn't need rubber to grip and hold just as well as one with it. Triggerman looks good on you but I'd recommend the Carbon Shift being on your short list going forward to at least try

If both fit your face equally, definitely Carbon Shift. It's a higher quality frame. Better materials, and construction. The Triggerman is a plastic frame in the style of a Badman. Feels lower quality compared to Carbon Shift.

Hi all,

Just trying to decide before the long weekend on picking up carbon shifts or triggermans. I had planned on Carbon Shifts but theres something about the Matte Black Triggermans I like more. Anyone who own both talk about their preferences?
I'm also thinking Carbon Shift as you may like the thinner stems better.

But the shift has no nose bombs or rubber where the Triggerman does.

It's all up to your preference but the Carbon also has a better overall feel to them than the TM

Back